Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you used Rent The Runway for your Ball?

1. Senior Member

Have you used Rent The Runway for your Ball?

Advertisements
    So Iím kind of a weirdo because every year I dread Ball season. Donít get me wrong, I love the ceremony and traditions and seeing everyone, but itís the dress shopping that I hate. Iím 5í4Ē and rather busty so I ALWAYS have a tough time finding a dress that fits correctly and keeps the girls covered. Also, the dresses always cost way too much. It's hard to find the correct fitting dress that fits in my budget. So this year Iím considering trying Rent The Runway. Has anyone had good luck with them?

2. Senior Member
    I haven't, but I would if I ever went to an event that required a fancy dress. I've only heard great things about them.
  3. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!
    i've used them mannnnnyy times and usually loved it. my only bad experience was last year's ball, but it wasn't their fault... i ordered two dresses, one fit poorly and the other i just plain didn't like. so bottom line basically is that it's an awesome awesome thing when it goes well, which is usually, but have a back up for if it doesn't!
    i think my plan this year is to find a dress i like, charge it, rent another dress, and return the one i bought pending me liking the rented one. complicated but foolproof.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lorem_ipsum View Post
    i've used them mannnnnyy times and usually loved it. my only bad experience was last year's ball, but it wasn't their fault... i ordered two dresses, one fit poorly and the other i just plain didn't like. so bottom line basically is that it's an awesome awesome thing when it goes well, which is usually, but have a back up for if it doesn't!
    i think my plan this year is to find a dress i like, charge it, rent another dress, and return the one i bought pending me liking the rented one. complicated but foolproof.
    I'll keep that in mind.

Can you tell me a little about how the system works? It looks like you pay lets say $80 for a four day block correct? or is it $80/day?

5. Senior Member
    Have personally used them and have only had great experiences with them. I will always suggest them. I don't know anyone in real life who has had a bad experience. Can't think of anyone online who has either. Even the reviews where people had problems were good because RTR fixed the issues.
  6. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

I personally haven't used it, but at work we had a lost and found debacle and had to pay for a guest to use them. She loved it and was super happy.
  7. Senior Member
    I've used them once. Loved it. They brought two sizes in case one didn't fit. They don't ship to Canada, so I haven't used them in a few years, but from what I remember they were great.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I haven't. I go used-ebay-dress route.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Used them for the sub ball this year. Had no problems whatsoever and was super happy with the dress I wore! Big recommend.
  10. Senior Member
    I know what brands and styles fit well and find I can do as well on ebay as I can with RTR prices, and I get to keep the dress to wear again or resell it and make my money back. And I get the dress in plenty of time in case it needs to be hemmed or there are any other issues. And I like to be able to alter a dress so it fits me absolutely perfectly.

I know many people who have used RTR and been very happy, but I know 2 women who used it and had other people at the ball with the same dress. I suppose that can happen even with a purchased gown, but given how many people use RTR, that makes it much more likely.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast