Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: What do I wear for family day?

1. Senior Member

What do I wear for family day?

Advertisements
    So DH just informed me that we have to go to a family day this Saturday. He has no details about it other than it's mandatory. This is my first family day, which is a little surprising considering how long he has been in, and i really have no idea what to expect. So, should I wear shorts and a comfy t-shirt or just a nice sundress?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Family day picnic, family day cruise, family day what? Do you know what specific activity they'll be having for family day? I've been to both of the ones I mentioned and for the picnic, I wore jean shorts, a cute top, and sandals.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

3. Senior Member
    Well if you are going to go (it might be mandatory for him not for you so you decide if you want to go), I would wear a nice pair of shorts and a cute top.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

The last one I went to it was outside and like 100 degrees lol, I wore cute shorts and a top. Some people wore workout type stuff and some girls wore sun dresses.
  5. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I agree with asking for more details! But Southern is also right that it's only mandatory for him, so if you want to skip it I would.
  6. Senior Member
    Thanks Ladies!
    From what yall said it sounds like these things are pretty casual and held outdoors. I wish I had more specifics (I asked) but they never sent out an email or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    I agree with asking for more details! But Southern is also right that it's only mandatory for him, so if you want to skip it I would.
    I'd totally skip it too! But they made DH work 7 days in a row last week, and this thing is going to be 2 hours away (it's for all the recruiters across the state), so I would like to go.

7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    Thanks Ladies!
    From what yall said it sounds like these things are pretty casual and held outdoors. I wish I had more specifics (I asked) but they never sent out an email or anything.

I'd totally skip it too! But they made DH work 7 days in a row last week, and this thing is going to be 2 hours away (it's for all the recruiters across the state), so I would like to go.
    Oh yeah I understand that. Your safe bet is a cute top and a nice pair of shorts (ie just not jeans shorts especially daisy dukes or cut offs). I can't imagine how that would be wrong in the summer and no specifics are given.
  8. Senior Member
    I wouldn't wear a skirt in case there is sitting on the ground, or something like that. I'd go with conservative shorts and a casual (but nicer than a tee) top that wasn't overly revealing. Use accessories to make it look dressed up and pulled together.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    Thanks Ladies!

For what it's worth I usually have a good time at things like command picnics.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    I wouldn't wear a skirt in case there is sitting on the ground, or something like that. I'd go with conservative shorts and a casual (but nicer than a tee) top that wasn't overly revealing. Use accessories to make it look dressed up and pulled together.
    Good advice on the skirt. Thank you.