Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glittery Nailpolish

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Glittery Nailpolish

Advertisements
    HOW DO I GET THIS ISH OFF
  2. Senior Member
    I've heard it eventually wears off a few years after you die.

I seriously think I still have one or two glitter flecks left over from 2004.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  3. Senior Member
    From popsugar:

The holiday season is rife with glitter nail polish of all sorts, from flakes to hexagonal shapes and everything in between. And while this variety of lacquer is festive and fun, the removal process isn't quite as joyous. But you don't have to use mountains of cotton pads and gallons of polish remover. Just follow these simple tips to make it easy on yourself.
    Step 1: Completely saturate a cotton ball with acetone nail polish remover. Set the soaked cotton ball on your pinky nail and wrap it completely in aluminum foil.

Step 2: Repeat the process on each of your fingers and thumb, pressing down on the foils while the remover works its magic.

Step 3: Let sit for about five minutes, then slide the foils off to reveal glitter-free nails.

Step 4: Repeat steps one through three on the opposite hand.

Alternative: In lieu of foil and cotton balls, use white felt with acetone nail-polish remover to get the glitter off.

4. Senior Member
    Ugh, glitter polish is the worst invention ever fashion wise. Shit even bell bottoms were better than glitter polish!
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I tried the foil thing before and it didn't work D: Maybe I'll try again though.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern-queen View Post
    Ugh, glitter polish is the worst invention ever fashion wise. Shit even bell bottoms were better than glitter polish!
    Thanks.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

i bought the new sephora nail polish remover in the black pump bottle and that stuff is amazing at getting anything off quickly including glitter. i would totally recommend trying it.
  7. Moderator

I use a popsicle stick to scrape it off after softening the base up with nail polish remover. I don't know why I keep going back to glitter. I am almost 30 years old and I still can't resist sparkly things.
  8. Senior Member
    I always make sure the cotton ball I'm using has a generous amount of nail polish remover on it, sometimes I've used acetone. I let the cotton ball sit on the nail for about a minute. It's usually easier to remove after that, but may require light scrubbing. It usually dries my nails out, though.

9. Senior Member
    The foil thing works but it's too time consuming for me. I just soak a cotton ball and hold it really tight against the nail for like idk eternity and then it comes off pretty easily.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yabos View Post
    I tried the foil thing before and it didn't work D: Maybe I'll try again though.
    awww man. I've never tried it either but i was hoping it'd work

Quote Originally Posted by TheSisterWife View Post
    I use a popsicle stick to scrape it off after softening the base up with nail polish remover. I don't know why I keep going back to glitter. I am almost 30 years old and I still can't resist sparkly things.
    ^^I usually wind up doing this.
    I, too, am attracted to all things shiny!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast