Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: men's business casual?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Question men's business casual?

Advertisements
    DH is getting to the point where he really really needs some grown up clothes. He goes on a lot of TDY's that require business casual clothing and he's got a few things to carry him through for now but we are gonna have to go shopping once we PCS. Where do your man friends acquire such items and what are a few good staple pieces you would suggest? DH is very much a casual jeans and a tee guy so keep it simple
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

This is my DH . He needed some nicer clothes so he actually just went to kohls and we bought him some khakis and dress shirts / some nice polos. He also got one pair of slacks but I don't remember where from. When he comes home he's going to be doing a job where TDY's will require him to wear suits so I'm following this thread because I have no idea where we should be getting a few of those .
  3. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

DH really likes the Dockers Alpha khakis, they fit well and they're durable but they still look classy. We got some casual button down shirts at the Brooks Brothers outlet, they can be kind of pricey but they have a lot of sales and it seems like there's always a military discount for something. They have nice polos too.
  4. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Old navy is really good for slacks and polos. Dh likes their stuff a lot and he's definitely a nerdy tshirt and jeans kind of guy.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

my best friend shops at kohl's or old nay for work.

but be careful with polos for business casual in govt organizations...i know where i work that what the dress code says but guys are still required to wear a button down and tie unless its a weekend/after hours.
  6. Senior Member
    Business casual for a man will be khakis (non cargo style) or dress pants with a button down shirt. Tie is optional. You can top it with a sweater, a vest or even the a blazer.

But safest bet is always a nice unwrinkled pair of khakis and a nice shirt. I personally would not say polos are business casual but something you would wear just for like casual friday but not going into a jeans and tshirt combo.
  7. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

DH when he dresses up for interviews or church, he will wear nice khakis and a button down. He also has some really nice blazers that he will wear to an interview with a button down and a tie. I believe he got a lot of his clothes Macy's and he had some nice polos from Old Navy!

8. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Hubby usually wears dress pants and a nice polo or button down shirt (in winter a blazer with no tie). He likes under armour polos. He has to wear business casual a lot for work (sight tours and classes) and tdy because he works with civilians more than military

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Thanks for the tips everyone! I was looking on old navy and the polos seem ok but a lot of their button downs are so bright! Which I personally love but know it's not the most professional. Also dh looks super young so we have to be careful that we make him look grown up and not like a nerdy teenager
  10. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I will have to start looking at old navy, we went a few years ago but with the vanity sizing and the cut of the shirts it just didn't feel very professional. They were very billowy from the shoulders down and it made it harder to tuck them in without looking sloppy. If they've gotten better about that I definitely want to add that to our rotation because the prices are good! I also agree that bright eye-catching colors may not be the best thing for business casual, but maybe it depends on how conservative the office is.

We got basic colors in button downs - white, blue, gray. He also has some pinstripes and some small checks.

I think the main thing that makes people look professional and grown up is the clothes fitting properly, though. There are so many people who wear clothes that are just too big/baggy and it does read young/unprofessional to me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast