Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Updos for short hair

1. Senior Member

Updos for short hair

Advertisements
    My best friend is getting married in about a month and I'm super excited! I am kind of at a loss over what to do with my hair for the wedding, though. I got it cut short a few weeks ago (it's shoulder length, with long layers), so I'm not really sure what kind of options I have. Ideally, I'd like something that I could do myself, since I've already shelled out a lot of money on plane tickets, dress, and tux rental for DH (he's in the wedding, too).

Any ideas?
  2. Senior Member
    I have shoulder length hair, with layers and for the ball I put my hair in a high pony tail, curled it, pined it in a bun style. I let some pieces of hair loose around my face and curled those.

3. Senior Member
    That's kind of what I had in mind, I just wasn't sure if it would work with shorter hair. Sounds like it will be fine. Thanks!
  4. Moderator

My hair is above the shoulder, too short for a high pony, and I wear it in an updo of sorts every day. Here's today's:

That's after a day of Georgia heat and three kids, but you get the idea. I only use bobby pins and a flexible hold spray to secure it.

Here's one with bangs, where I just twist from either side starting just behind the ear, and pin it all in a twist together at the nape of my neck. When I pin, I put the pins in upwards- that creates the volume at the crown without teasing:

There are a couple of other ways I do it but don't have photos on hand- I can fuss with it a bit tomorrow and show you a few more if you'd like.
  5. Master your strength and outsource your weakness
    Master your strength and outsource your weakness
    Those are super cute hairstyles....im trying the braid tomorrow!
  6. Senior Member
    TheSisterWife, thank you! Those are more great ideas--my layers look sort of like bangs in the front, so I might have to play with them to see if they will look better straightened or curled. If you want to post more pictures, I would have zero problem with that. The color is so pretty, too!