Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for cruelty free natural makeup...

1. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey

Looking for cruelty free natural makeup...

Advertisements
    The thread title is pretty self-explanatory.

I'm looking at overhauling my makeup. I recently did so to get rid of any products/companies that utilized animal testing.

However, as I use up what I have in terms of foundations etc... I'd like to step it up a bit and transition to more natural products. I want to say that way back when mineral makeup first came out, I tried some and the coverage wasn't that great. It was all loose powders etc...
    I need at minimum a BB cream. I don't have the best skin in the entire world. And then I'll usually set it with a loose powder.

So what are the best natural, cruelty free cosmetics that you know and love?

And if we can keep the price reasonable- that would be great. And by reasonable I don't mean drugstore prices, but I also don't need to smear $40 foundation on my face. KWIM?

www.SnarkyFit.com
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetvanity View Post
    The thread title is pretty self-explanatory.

I'm looking at overhauling my makeup. I recently did so to get rid of any products/companies that utilized animal testing.

However, as I use up what I have in terms of foundations etc... I'd like to step it up a bit and transition to more natural products. I want to say that way back when mineral makeup first came out, I tried some and the coverage wasn't that great. It was all loose powders etc...
    I need at minimum a BB cream. I don't have the best skin in the entire world. And then I'll usually set it with a loose powder.

So what are the best natural, cruelty free cosmetics that you know and love?

And if we can keep the price reasonable- that would be great. And by reasonable I don't mean drugstore prices, but I also don't need to smear $40 foundation on my face. KWIM?
    My sister really likes the Body Shop makeup. I've never used them, so I can't comment on them, but they are definitely cruelty-free, and are mid-range as far as prices go.

I know there is a website where you can search products by their environmental impact. Let me do some searching!
  3. Senior Member
    Not the website I was thinking of, but cool place to search

Consumer |Go Cruelty Free
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

Lush has some make-up products! They may not have what your looking for but they do have an awesome highlighter and translucent powders for the face.
  5. Navy Wife Extraordinaire
    Navy Wife Extraordinaire

Check out brands like Urban Decay, Too Faced, Stila, and E.L.F. They are all cruelty free.
  6. Senior Member
    I loooooove it cosmetic's cc cream. It's kind of amazing. I haven't tried their loose powder but their cc cream is a dream. Tarte and Josie Maran are other cruelty free, more natural lines that I love. Tarte makes my favorite bronzed and Josie Maran makes an awesome mascara (not waterproof but it's fabulous).
  7. Senior Member
    Urban decay. They are really big on being cruelty free etc.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I love Elf. It is super cheap and works pretty good!

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  9. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by katiebee View Post
    Check out brands like Urban Decay, Too Faced, Stila, and E.L.F. They are all cruelty free.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaClaire View Post
    I love Elf. It is super cheap and works pretty good!
    I like elf too, but it's not natural by a long shot. I don't think UD or the others are either.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetvanity View Post
    I like elf too, but it's not natural by a long shot. I don't think UD or the others are either.
    Urban decay is cruelty free. That and being vegan are big things they pride themselves on.

There are literally dozens of cruelty and/or vegan cosmetic companies. Some have parent companies that are not, but their company and their products are.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast