Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Co-wash input, please!

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Co-wash input, please!

Advertisements
    I need some hair help!

I have thick, wavy hair that is literally a wildcard. On some days, its awesome and cooperative and fabulous, then on other days it looks like I have a nest on my head. I try my best not to use a lot of products on my hair because I don't want to damage it. I've heard a lot about the benefits of the no-poo method but that worries me a bit since my hair can be super oily and I'm just not ready to ditch shampoo and wait weeks for my hair to adjust to it. A friend mentioned trying out co-washes (conditioner type of shampoo that is sulfate free). I've googled and there are so many out there, and many come with a hefty price. I've used Wen before but discontinued it because I hate being automatically charged/shipped new products since I'm on a budget and don't go through products as quickly as they send them. Plus, the results with Wen dwindled after a while.

Has anyone used a co-wash or have suggestions?
  2. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    I had similar hair. I just use shampoo on my scalp. Put it on the tips of my fingers, scrub it in, and rinse right away. I then use 2 conditioners, and then leave in conditioner and Moroccan oil after.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I've never used a co-wash (actually never heard of it before haha) but i have gotten my hair used to only being washed maybe 2 times a week. my hair used to be uber greasy and gross quickly but after a few weeks i can now go days without washing it and have no issue until maybe the day I'm supposed to wash it (i wash at night) and then i just use a pony tail. i would recommend a dry shampoo and trying to cut back on washing your hair.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I was gonna say DON'T GET WEN because it worked FABULOUSLY for like a month...then it was just shit.

That's all I have
  5. Senior Member
    Shea Moisture. Depending on what you feel your hair needs you could do either the straight up moisture line (yellow) or the one made for curly hair (pinkish). I'd try both and see which you like. The ingredients are awesome. Another plus is it is sulfate AND silicone free. So it creates real health, not just the illusion of.
    Banned
    If you have a Trader Joes they make a sulfate free shampoo and conditioner and that I really like.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    I had similar hair. I just use shampoo on my scalp. Put it on the tips of my fingers, scrub it in, and rinse right away. I then use 2 conditioners, and then leave in conditioner and Moroccan oil after.
    What brand of moroccan oil? I'll be using a gift card at Ulta soon and was likely going to spend it on a hair product.

Quote Originally Posted by *Heather* View Post
    I've never used a co-wash (actually never heard of it before haha) but i have gotten my hair used to only being washed maybe 2 times a week. my hair used to be uber greasy and gross quickly but after a few weeks i can now go days without washing it and have no issue until maybe the day I'm supposed to wash it (i wash at night) and then i just use a pony tail. i would recommend a dry shampoo and trying to cut back on washing your hair.
    I wash my hair twice a week- Sunday/Monday for the week, then Thursday/Friday for the weekend. I've never tried a dry shampoo though. I stalked BK's thread so I may look into Batiste. Where is that sold?

Quote Originally Posted by Yabos View Post
    I was gonna say DON'T GET WEN because it worked FABULOUSLY for like a month...then it was just shit.

That's all I have
    NO HELP FROM YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by alice04 View Post
    Shea Moisture. Depending on what you feel your hair needs you could do either the straight up moisture line (yellow) or the one made for curly hair (pinkish). I'd try both and see which you like. The ingredients are awesome. Another plus is it is sulfate AND silicone free. So it creates real health, not just the illusion of.
    Where can I find this?

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna♥Matata View Post
    If you have a Trader Joes they make a sulfate free shampoo and conditioner and that I really like.
    We don't have one in town
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by #luci View Post
    I wash my hair twice a week- Sunday/Monday for the week, then Thursday/Friday for the weekend. I've never tried a dry shampoo though. I stalked BK's thread so I may look into Batiste. Where is that sold?
    Ulta! or i guess Pistachio said she found it at marshalls too!

i also love the Moroccan oil hair masque, they sell it at ulta in a green tub (Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque 8.5 oz Ulta.com - Cosmetics, Fragrance, Salon and Beauty Gifts)
  9. Senior Member
    Walgreens! And sometimes Target. I sometimes buy it at the store, and sometimes order it online at Walgreens.com because they always have a free shipping deal for $25 and over. Many co-washers use Shea Moisture. They make both shampoo and conditioner, the shampoo can often stand alone, especially the moisture one. You can see the ingredients list for the products on walgreens website as well. Very reasonably priced too, 10 bucks.
  10. Senior Member
    I haaaated Wen so much. I worked at QVC for a while and it's on all the time so I got sucked into buying it more than once, because I am really really dumb. Some people actually really super love it, like some customers I spoke to were obsessed to the point of buying several gallon sized containers but it just didn't work for me at all.

It did put the moisture back in my hair after I got highlights, but it also made it really flat and no matter what it looked kinda dirty. I could rinse my hair for half an hour, that shit doesn't rinse out. 0/10 would never repurchase.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast