Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hair Product Help

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Hair Product Help

Advertisements
    I'm in search of 3 things for my hairs!

1. Dry Shampoo - I can't wash my hair every day or it gets SUPER dried out, and my hair seriously takes a good 10 hours to dry completely unless I blow dry it (which I hate to do). Long story short I only want to straighten my hair so many times before going crazy and need something for in between washes.

2. Heat Protectant - Every one I use always makes my hair feel greasy. The guy that did my hair last time used something that didn't make my hair feel like it had ANYTHING on it but it was super soft. It came out like hairspray and he legit sprayed up and down on my hair and it felt normal (except extra soft).

3. Product for wavy hair - I have a TON of hair and it's naturally thick and super wavy. I'd like to find something to put in my hair to make it less frizzy and emphasize the waves a bit without leaving it looking wet and scrunchy.

Sooo does anyone have any recommendations for me? My hair is EXTRA thick and I have a TON of it if that helps.

Thanks in advance!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

1.) I've used a bunch of dry shampoos. It's probably best to try some out because different ones work for different people. I like 'Not Your Mother's'. Dove also works well, but I don't like it as much. The Garnier one didn't work for me at all. I hear good things about Batiste, but I haven't tried it yet. The key with dry shampoo is to leave it on for 10-ish minutes before working it in.

2.) I use Paul Mitchell Hot Off the Press. It's pricier but I like that it's aerosol.

3.) No idea.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Also a ton 'o thick hair sister. Mine is also curly, though.

1. I use batiste. I've had trial sizes of a couple others and hadn't been as impressed. There's a newer brand called Detox (I think) at Sephora and I was going to spring for it but I HAAATTTEE spending over $30 on one can of product.

2. I alternate between Tresemme (black bottle with red handle/trigger spray) and got2be Guardian Angel (made by Schwarzkopf sp?). I never apply any serum, spray or heat protectant on the top 1/3 of my hair. That keeps it from getting build up and look/feeling greasy.

3. Still on the look out myself. I use a lot of curl product though... And other than a specific brand (which I have yet to find and have to use a whole cocktail of products to get the soft and non-crunchy effect I like), I always look for creamy products to help with frizz. I find that most of the time, they are less sticky and stiff and help control frizz by putting some weight on the hair.

Good luck!
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EmilyPT View Post
    1.) I've used a bunch of dry shampoos. It's probably best to try some out because different ones work for different people. I like 'Not Your Mother's'. Dove also works well, but I don't like it as much. The Garnier one didn't work for me at all. I hear good things about Batiste, but I haven't tried it yet. The key with dry shampoo is to leave it on for 10-ish minutes before working it in.

2.) I use Paul Mitchell Hot Off the Press. It's pricier but I like that it's aerosol.

3.) No idea.
    To the bolded, I use batiste dry shampoo and it's great. I have blonde hair that looks super greasy at the top/front if I don't wash it every day (something I'm trying to get out of the habit of). I spray a little batiste dry shampoo on my bangs and at my roots and my hair is fine for another day.

To the other two questions I have no idea I'm afraid.

"You are platinum in a world gone grey."
  5. Senior Member
    I got this dry shampoo from a brand called Marc Anthony at ulta, it's an aerosol type. I liked it ok. I don't really like dry shampoos in general but that one gave me decent volume and it didn't make my hair feel dirtier. I hate that garbage by suave, a bunch of people on YouTube recommended it but it doesn't work and it smells disgusting. Don't buy it.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EmilyPT View Post

3.) No idea.
    i was gonna recommend hot off the press too. Hot Off The Press®

dry shampoo: these didn't work for me: garnier, tresemme, pssst. what i liked: suave (believe it or not. for a cheap brand i liked it. i cant find it anymore tho) and got 2 b 's dry shampoo.

for the curl: im gonna creep on some of the suggestions myself cause i discovered my hair actually curls, but i need the right product. ive heard good things about the moroccan oil curl cream but its pricy
  7. Senior Member
    This is the dry shampoo I use... I love it!
    Batiste Dry Shampoo Original Ulta.com - Cosmetics, Fragrance, Salon and Beauty Gifts

This is what I use for frizz.. I use a small bit of this to reduce frizz and boost the shine and then put a very light mist of hairspray. Usually works for me and I have incredibly stubborn thick hair. The only thing about Aveda is that some people cannot stand the fragrance.. you may have to smell it before you buy it! I like it though
    Light Elements™ Smoothing Fluid > smooth frizz > Styling > Aveda
  8. Senior Member
    sounds like i need to try batiste next!
  9. I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home

I love Batiste dry shampoo, and it comes in different scents! I have the floral right now, and it smells really good. They sell it at Ulta AND MARSHALLS!

I just got the spray "Iron Guard" by CHI for a heat protectant, but I've only used it once. I don't use a straighter often. I thought I was buying a product to apply for blow drying, but I was wrong. I use CHI conditioner though, and it's kept my hair very healthy, since it has a heat protectant in it. (Both of these were from Marshalls too)
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by be: pistachio View Post
    I love Batiste dry shampoo, and it comes in different scents! I have the floral right now, and it smells really good. They sell it at Ulta AND MARSHALLS!

I just got the spray "Iron Guard" by CHI for a heat protectant, but I've only used it once. I don't use a straighter often. I thought I was buying a product to apply for blow drying, but I was wrong. I use CHI conditioner though, and it's kept my hair very healthy, since it has a heat protectant in it. (Both of these were from Marshalls too)
    WHAAAATTT??!? Let me guess.. it's also ridiculously cheap isn't it. Please excuse me while I run to Marshalls.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast