Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Wrinkle Cream & Skin Care in General.

1. AKA: Jerseyatheart86
    AKA: Jerseyatheart86

Wrinkle Cream & Skin Care in General.

Advertisements
    I just turned 28 last week and I really wanna take better care of my skin. Im starting to notice wrinkles around my eyes when I smile. . I have very oily skin, large pores, sensitive skin, and I am super pale. I also deal with acne on a regular basis too. My regular makeup has SPF 20 in it so I am getting sun protection.

What kind of wrinkle cream should I buy thst is not ridiculously expensive. Any other suggestions for taking care of my skin to try and keep the wrinkles away for as long as possible?

Thanks in advance!
    Katie

2. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket

I've always heard you need at least SPF 30 to be effective for your face
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  3. Senior Member
    Using makeup with SPF isn't really sufficient. You're also probably not covering your whole face with it.

Look for skincare that has retinol in it. Neutrogena has an anti wrinkle cream that's really good! I use prescription retin a now but I used the neutrogena one on and off for years and it's great. Anything with retinol does make your skin more sensitive to the sun though, so I'd recommend getting a better source of SPF.

Also moisturize. Even if you don't think you need it.
  4. Senior Member

OMG...we could be the same person...except I'm in my 40's

One word for you...

KINERASE
  5. Senior Member
    Let me tell you. I swear by oil of Olay and clinique (as long as it is the right formula for my skin). And not wearing makeup often. I am 40 and I am told constantly (are they lying to me I don't know but can't see why they would since I don't bring it up and they gain nothing from it lol) that I look around 30 or so. I have no wrinkles, no fine lines, no age spots etc. I had skin discoloration from my last pregnancy that I actually got rid of via a clinique product. But until I was about 30 all I ever used was oil of olay.

But wash, tone and moisturize daily (2 a day is preferred) and don't cake makeup on, use a sunblock on your face and your skin will be lovely.
  6. Regular Member
    Don't count the SPF in your make up.

I burn really easily so I use neutrogena healthy defense daily moisturizer spf 50 under my make up if I wear any. You should be using something that is at least SPF 30 min.
    Also moisturize. I use Aveeno daily moisturizing lotion with no fragrance twice a day.

Drink lots of water and eat healthy since what you put inside you reflect on the outside. Get plenty of sleep, exercise regularly, limit direct exposure to the sun and wear a hat if you are going to be outside long.
  7. Senior Member
    Oh and if you do wear makeup, wash it off EVERY NIGHT. I cringe at how disgusting I used to be all through high school I'd wear makeup all day, stay up on the internet until like 1am and then be too tired to wash it off til morning. My skin looks so much better since I made a habit of not doing that.
  8. Senior Member
    Get a prescription for tretinoin (generic for Retin A). You're acne will love you for it and your future non-wrinkly face will love you for it.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  9. AKA: Jerseyatheart86
    AKA: Jerseyatheart86

Thanks ladies for your input!

I picked up some neutrogena moisturizer with SPF 50 in it. You guys were right, I shouldn't be relying just on the SPF in my makeup. I also bought a small thing of Olay regeneraist eye cream. I've only put it on a few times and DH says he can see a difference. I think he is just being nice because I can't see anything.