Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: ANG Legion Dinner dress code?!..help!

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Help ANG Legion Dinner dress code?!..help!

Advertisements
    Hi!

My husband is a SGT in the Army National Guard and I have to go with him to a legion dinner in a few weeks. He says he will wear his ACu's, so I suppose it's a bit casual? I was wondering what you ladies thought of the dress I picked out because he isn't 100% on the dress code...I joked to my DH that these are some of the things we need to know since they have their wardrobe set for them! He just laughed and said I look beautiful that's all that matters! Sweet I know but not so helpful. I don't want to be the only wife over or under dressed because I didn't get the memo! Thank you! P.S. I have shiny black patent leather T-strap heels to wear with it.
    -Kadie

Dress I bought: Polka Dot Peplum Dress | Torrid
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    That is pretty! May be a bit dressy imo, but I'm sure it will be fine.

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  3. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaClaire View Post
    That is pretty! May be a bit dressy imo, but I'm sure it will be fine.
    Thank you! When I bought the dress a few weeks ago he wasn't sure if they would have to wear their dress uniforms so I tried to shoot for in between but yes i agree its a bit dressy. I suppose it is better to be a little over dressed than under-dressed right? haha I lovee the dress and don't want to part with it...do you think being a bit over dressed is too much of a bad thing? LOL I'm new at this bc the ANG doesn't do as many occasions where the wives are invited and all that jazz lol
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by FOREVERinLUV View Post
    Thank you! When I bought the dress a few weeks ago he wasn't sure if they would have to wear their dress uniforms so I tried to shoot for in between but yes i agree its a bit dressy. I suppose it is better to be a little over dressed than under-dressed right? haha I lovee the dress and don't want to part with it...do you think being a bit over dressed is too much of a bad thing? LOL I'm new at this bc the ANG doesn't do as many occasions where the wives are invited and all that jazz lol
    WAY better to be a bit dressy . The dress is really cute. I wouldn't want to return it either .

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  5. Senior Member
    Super cute. But if he's in ACUs, I wouldn't wear that dress. I'd go more with sundress type vibes, or something one might wear to an office, than cocktail dress.

Do you know any other spouses or girlfriends? Can you ask them what they are wearing?
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  6. Senior Member
    It is awesome, but at least for the one I've been too, it's over dressy. Not sure what the weather would be but maybe you could dress it down with a sweather or jean jacket perhaps? If you are comfortable being dressier than most or all, I'd say go with it. Like PP said, maybe there are other gf or wives you can talk to. It could be different where you are located.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace." Tom Ziglar.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

i really like it! maybe I'm weird but that totally looks like something i would wear to work so if its a little dressy i would think people would just assume you came from the office.

however i would prob add a cardigan or something but thats just because i don't love having my arms show that much and I'm always cold lol.