Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What shoes with shorts (for a guy)?

1. Senior Member

What shoes with shorts (for a guy)?

Advertisements
    DH either wears flip flops with shorts, or running shoes. I am not a fan of the latter, and he doesn't always want to wear flip flops. I don't really know what else to suggest. Boat shoes are way too middle aged-dad for his tastes (and mine) and all mens' sandals seem to look weird to me. I suggested Chucks or Vans, but he wasn't super excited about either. Any other suggestions?
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  2. Senior Member
    What's his style? DH is 30 and wear some loafer type boat shoes and I love them--but I'm from the South and that's what all frat guys/preppy types wear with shorts. He also wears vans or some adias type shoes that look a lot like vans or chucks.

Honestly, that's a tough one. I never realized how limited shoe options are for guys.
  3. Senior Member
    Sperry's.

I don't find them middle age at all. If anything I find them 'frat boy' but I love them and continue to buy them for DH so he has nothing else to wear.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  4. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Google-Ergebnis für http://shop.reef.com/store/ProductImages/details/1199_black_l.jpg

My husband wears flip flops as well as these Reefs... They are awesome! And look even better after wearing them a bit and getting "beat up".

I would check out all Reefs.. I think they have pretty cute shoes for men and women.

life's a party, rock your body
  5. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    ETA I keep forgetting my google searches show up in German. But i guess that works for you!

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I think boat shoes would look good. They are the newish frat boy, college thing so definitely not too middle aged.

I Eelizah
  7. Senior Member
    would have been with you on the vans. DB doesn't wear casual or dressy shorts, only wears athletic or basketball style shorts so the running shoes work. And I agree most mens sandals are a little weird to me.
  8. Senior Member
    My husbands wardrobe consists of cargo shorts and reef sandals I do have to admit that sandals look really good on him.
    When it's cold he wears his Nikes.
  9. Senior Member
    To DH, boat shoes are what older military guys wear, with polo shirts and woven leather belts. He refuses to even consider them. (Never mind the fact that he pretty much *is* and older military guy, and that he doesn't own a web belt).

he would definitely wear those shoes Jenny posted. They are similar to some he has called Sidewalk Surfers. But I think he wants something that looks slightly nicer. Not super nice (he'd be wearing shorts, after all), but nicer than flip flops or Reefs.

The correct answer to this question is probably boat shoes, but I can't seem to sell him on that. Maybe if I tell him that young 'uns on MSOS recommend him, he'll rethink his Old Man stance. It doesn't help that my dad wears boat shoes. With woven leather belts.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  10. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    To DH, boat shoes are what older military guys wear, with polo shirts and woven leather belts. He refuses to even consider them. (Never mind the fact that he pretty much *is* and older military guy, and that he doesn't own a web belt).

he would definitely wear those shoes Jenny posted. They are similar to some he has called Sidewalk Surfers. But I think he wants something that looks slightly nicer. Not super nice (he'd be wearing shorts, after all), but nicer than flip flops or Reefs.

The correct answer to this question is probably boat shoes, but I can't seem to sell him on that. Maybe if I tell him that young 'uns on MSOS recommend him, he'll rethink his Old Man stance. It doesn't help that my dad wears boat shoes. With woven leather belts.

Tell him my husband with the awesome super comfy reef's alssoooooo wears Sperry's. It's not an old man thing! I think they look way cute and nice.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast