Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: What to wear to an MPOY/awards thingie?

1. Senior Member

What to wear to an MPOY/awards thingie?

Advertisements
    What would be appropriate to wear. I'll be on crutches so I want to be comfortable. It's probably still going to be cold here in Alaska so I don't want to freeze either. Can I wear jeans? Ugh. I don't want to go but I know my husband wants me to come.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    It depends on the Group and how they handle it. I've been to MPOY's that ranged from everything to Mess Dress/Formal in a ballroom to ABU/Jeans and Squadron tshirts in a hanger.

What time of day is it and where is it located? What is your husband suppose to wear?
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    It depends on the Group and how they handle it. I've been to MPOY's that ranged from everything to Mess Dress/Formal in a ballroom to ABU/Jeans and Squadron tshirts in a hanger.

What time of day is it and where is it located? What is your husband suppose to wear?
    I always base what I wear on what DH is supposed to wear. I would only wear jeans if I knew for a fact other people were going to be wearing them and then I would wear more 'dressy' dark washed jeans with some dressy flats or flat boots (since you'll be on crutches).
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  4. Senior Member
    I'll ask. Last time I went two years ago everyone was in ABU's and it was in a hangar. There is a social hour at 5 and then dinner at 6. I was hoping to wear nice jeans etc with boots.
  5. Senior Member
    Do you have dressy pants? I would say those (if you do), boots and a nice sweater. With you on crutches I think that would be appropriate.