Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair extensions, who knows about them!?

1. Senior Member

Hair extensions, who knows about them!?

Advertisements
    I want to get hair extensions to wear at my sisters wedding. Nothing permanent, just the clip in ones, but I'd like something decent and perhaps with real hair instead of synthetic. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions for brands or should I go to a salon?Ii've never considered them before so I am starting at square one. Thanks!
  2. Transfusion Service Tech
    Transfusion Service Tech
    I have clip in extensions. My hair was short when I bought them so I got the 12" length. That was the shortest they sold at the store I got them at. Real hair. The lady at the store matched my color. I had to buy two packs because my hair was really short so I needed more fullness toward the bottom than someone that has maybe shoulder length or longer.

I took them into my stylist, she put them in and trimmed them up to blend them better. I've worn them many times and people couldn't tell I was even wearing extensions. I'll look for the tag to see what brand they were.
  3. Transfusion Service Tech
    Transfusion Service Tech
    Actually, my avatar is a picture of me wearing them.

Here's another picture of me with and without them.

4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ILoveOwls View Post
    I want to get hair extensions to wear at my sisters wedding. Nothing permanent, just the clip in ones, but I'd like something decent and perhaps with real hair instead of synthetic. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions for brands or should I go to a salon?Ii've never considered them before so I am starting at square one. Thanks!
    Okay, this is my field! I used to wear extensions all the time until my hair got long enough, so I've pretty much tried it all. If you're going for clips you don't need a salon. Only reason would be to try a chart so you see which color is closest to your own, but I've never gone that either. You want remy hair, that's the highest quality of real hair for extensions. If you're not 100% what color your hair is or if you have highlights, I would order 50/50 and mix then up. It makes it look more real.

I've also ordered blonde hair and dyed it myself at home. Clips are really easy to put in yourself. Just make sure you order them a few weeks before the wedding so you have time to try it out
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peekaboo View Post
    Actually, my avatar is a picture of me wearing them.

Here's another picture of me with and without them.

Those look really good! And you are gorgeous both ways!
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Okay, this is my field! I used to wear extensions all the time until my hair got long enough, so I've pretty much tried it all. If you're going for clips you don't need a salon. Only reason would be to try a chart so you see which color is closest to your own, but I've never gone that either. You want remy hair, that's the highest quality of real hair for extensions. If you're not 100% what color your hair is or if you have highlights, I would order 50/50 and mix then up. It makes it look more real.

I've also ordered blonde hair and dyed it myself at home. Clips are really easy to put in yourself. Just make sure you order them a few weeks before the wedding so you have time to try it out
    Thanks! I found some on Clip-in hair extensions by Luxy Hair have you heard of that website before? They seem pretty decent, the only thing I'm a little worried about is matching to my hair.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ILoveOwls View Post
    Thanks! I found some on Clip-in hair extensions by Luxy Hair have you heard of that website before? They seem pretty decent, the only thing I'm a little worried about is matching to my hair.
    Nope haven't heard of that. But I looked around and it seems pretty legit. I mean, I've ordered extensions from amazon and ebay too, so I'm not picky
  8. Transfusion Service Tech
    Transfusion Service Tech
    I've heard of Luxy Hair. And Foxy Locks. Both are remy hair. But I decided to go in-store to buy mine, also remy.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Nope haven't heard of that. But I looked around and it seems pretty legit. I mean, I've ordered extensions from amazon and ebay too, so I'm not picky
    Ooook, one more question. I have naturally curly hair, should I still get straight extensions or find some that are curly?
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peekaboo View Post
    I've heard of Luxy Hair. And Foxy Locks. Both are remy hair. But I decided to go in-store to buy mine, also remy.
    What store did you go to? The only place I can think of that would have them is Sally's Beauty Supply.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast