Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Brow waxing

  1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    lavender_jane's Avatar
    lavender_jane is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,252

    #1

    Brow waxing

    Advertisements
    Do you get scolded by your stylist to not pluck before a brow waxing? Every one I've ever been to tells me I should try to let them go for a while before coming in. If I did that anymore than I already try to they would look pretty ridiculous. I've got that dark hair Eastern European thing going where I generally (not before an appointment) pluck them everyday.

    I don't know what they're looking for. I mean, I never care that they can't get them all because some are right below the surface. The waxing is just to keep a proper shape and really clean them up in between me plucking them myself.

    Just curious what you ladies do to prep for an appointment.
  2. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    *IGrow'EmXL*'s Avatar
    *IGrow'EmXL* is offline
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Near Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    36,179
    #2
    I usually let them grow out for a 7-10 days before a waxing. If I know I won't be waxing any time soon, I try to pluck them regularly, but otherwise, I let them grow out a bit (even though they look kind of ridiculous ), so that they're more easily waxed and shaped.


  3. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    LoveMikeyBear's Avatar
    LoveMikeyBear is offline
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    25,417
    #3
    If anything the girl that does mine wishes I would up keep them more myself. I just went back for the first time in about 3 months, and I hadn't plucked or anything most of the time between. (had other things to focus on. Like being sick, Dd being sick, and extc. So yeah she had her work cut out for her.
    Signature removed due to size.
  4. Banned
    gunsgirl's Avatar
    gunsgirl is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    lost
    Posts
    17,275
    #4
    I never pluck in between and go in every 2 -3 weeks.

    for me the object of getting waxed is so I don't have to pluck
  5. Senior Member
    jesskuhmarie's Avatar
    jesskuhmarie is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    NC/Ft. Riley soon!
    Posts
    1,161
    #5
    I never pluck in between but that's just because I hate plucking. One little pluck hurts more to me than the whole strip being waxed off at once haha.
  6. I Will Rise Above
    Never a *Just*'s Avatar
    Never a *Just* is offline
    I Will Rise Above
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    21,104

    #6
    I never pluck between unless it's gonna be a looooong time before I can go in. And I have black brows.
  7. Senior Member
    Alilyoyo1's Avatar
    Alilyoyo1 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    696
    #7
    I rarely pluck for the same reason as Jess!!! I will take care of the crazy random ones that show up. I am a kind of low maintenance girl and DB actually loves my brows to be more natural so i tend to get them done like once a month. NOW with him gone to GA in 2 weeks for training I may be pocketing some of that cash for a bit and doing some icing and plucking to keep them from looking like a wooly beast!!!!

    I am greek and irish so I have very dark hair and very light skin lol. The randoms show! I wish I could use those self waxing things but I don't know how ppl tear them off fast enough?!?!
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    lavender_jane's Avatar
    lavender_jane is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,252

    #8
    I could never just wax because I get literally about a good four days out of a waxing that most women get a couple weeks out of. It's my superpower.

    Quote Originally Posted by *IGrow'EmXL* View Post
    I usually let them grow out for a 7-10 days before a waxing. If I know I won't be waxing any time soon, I try to pluck them regularly, but otherwise, I let them grow out a bit (even though they look kind of ridiculous ), so that they're more easily waxed and shaped.
    I think I usually only make it about 4 or 5 days before I go. Good to know that you think they look crazy too I asked my new girl what she meant and she just said "a while" but I swear my hair grows faster than most. My friends don't pluck much between waxes but theirs stay nice in between.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alilyoyo1 View Post
    I rarely pluck for the same reason as Jess!!! I will take care of the crazy random ones that show up. I am a kind of low maintenance girl and DB actually loves my brows to be more natural so i tend to get them done like once a month. NOW with him gone to GA in 2 weeks for training I may be pocketing some of that cash for a bit and doing some icing and plucking to keep them from looking like a wooly beast!!!!

    I am greek and irish so I have very dark hair and very light skin lol. The randoms show! I wish I could use those self waxing things but I don't know how ppl tear them off fast enough?!?!
    I'm Serbian and German so I have a similar thing going on. When they grow in in looks bad! And my hair laughs in the face of those home waxing things. I've tried many many hair removal products to no avail.
  9. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    *IGrow'EmXL*'s Avatar
    *IGrow'EmXL* is offline
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Near Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    36,179
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender_jane View Post


    I think I usually only make it about 4 or 5 days before I go. Good to know that you think they look crazy too I asked my new girl what she meant and she just said "a while" but I swear my hair grows faster than most. My friends don't pluck much between waxes but theirs stay nice in between.
    I have very strong italian genes, on top of PCOS, so I have crazy hair growth But I tend to tweeze them often because I only get my eyebrows waxed every couple of months, or if a special occasion comes up. I just can't justify to myself $25 every week or two to get my eyebrows done when I can keep them pretty darn nice with just my tweezers


  10. Vandelay Industries
    augusta's Avatar
    augusta is offline
    Vandelay Industries
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    6000 miles apart
    Posts
    6,276
    #10
    I always have to pluck in between too because I have bushy eyebrows that grow fast. I have to pluck everyday to keep up. But I still go get them done every few weeks because I can never get the shape perfect like they can. I see nothing wrong with it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •