Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Coat length help!

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Coat length help!

Advertisements
    Winter is a comin and I am searching for a new coat. I love the pea coat styles and trust the quality of landsend. I love the knee length one but I'm worried at my 5'2 height I will just be swallowed by it! Should I just got with the traditional waist length one?

2. Senior Member
    I would look at the measurements and measure where it would hit you. It's all about proportions, so if it still hits you in the right place it would be cute!
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Oh that's a good idea! Plus landend is great with returns so that's always an option I suppose.
  4. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

You could also get the longer one, and have it altered if it's too long for your body and it wouldn't be cost prohibitive. I've never asked a tailor to take a coat up so I don't know if that's a good option price-wise.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by *Emma* View Post
    Oh that's a good idea! Plus landend is great with returns so that's always an option I suppose.
    I was just going to say this. I would order the long one and try it on and then if it doesn't fit, return it and get the other. Or, if you have a Sears near you, order both and return the one that you don't like to the Sears. My mom and I (when there was a Sears) used to do that with swimsuits and buy like four of them and then return the ones that didn't work.
  6. AKA: Jerseyatheart86
    AKA: Jerseyatheart86

I prefer knee length coats for myself but it also depends on the style of the coat, the cut, etc. Buying it longer and having it tailored like a PP stated is always a great option.

7. Senior Member
    I learned, as a CA girl moving to Japan, that I *must* have a long coat for truly cold days. Shorter ones (like traditional peacoat length) that do not cover my butt do not keep me anywhere near warm enough, so if you want something to get you through winter days, definitely go with longer.

I just checked Lands end and they sell that longer Coat in a Petite, so that is probably perfect for you.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  8. Senior Member
    i'm also petite and have seen petite size peacoats. if you find one that is already made for petites it might be the right proportion. i have some longer peacoats and unfortunately didn't think to buy a petite size and they are awkwardly long on me!
  9. AMD
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    I learned, as a CA girl moving to Japan, that I *must* have a long coat for truly cold days. Shorter ones (like traditional peacoat length) that do not cover my butt do not keep me anywhere near warm enough, so if you want something to get you through winter days, definitely go with longer.

I just checked Lands end and they sell that longer Coat in a Petite, so that is probably perfect for you.
    I was just going to suggest checking for a petite version

I'm 5'2" also, and have a similar coat that comes to about mid-thigh that I love. However, if the Petite one actually hits at your knee, I think it will look great I do really like the short one, too