Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Skin Care

1. Regular Member
    Blog Entries

Hello Skin Care

Advertisements
    For some reason I have been breaking out like crazy lately and it's so annoying. They are those pimples that actually hurt! Any cheap skin care tips?? I am broke so I can't go out and get fancy stuff.
    Also, any tips on how to get rid of dark spots/pimple scars?
    Thanks ladies! You're the best!
  2. I enjoy messing with people ;)
    I enjoy messing with people ;)
    Whats your usual skincare regimen? What products to you use & how often do you wash/moisturize, etc?
    Absence is to love as wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small and kindles the great.
    - Roger de Bussy-Rabutin

"You mean every little bitty thing, and every super huge thing to me."
  3. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    I use regular anti-biotic soap every night. When I use a lot of face washes it makes my pimples worse :/ just needing new advice
  4. I enjoy messing with people ;)
    Is your skin oily?

If not, I have actually heard that it sometimes helps not to wash your face at all. If your face isn't oily, the soap could be drying out your skin and causing it to lose the oils it needs to defend itself from acne. Do you use anything topical for your acne?

If you've done the same thing for months and usually don't break out, though, it might just be stress or a change in diet...
    Absence is to love as wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small and kindles the great.
    - Roger de Bussy-Rabutin

5. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    My skin is confusing lol. It's oily but dry. And if I don't wash it it just gets worse. My skin...always complicated lol. Thanks for your help!!!!!
  6. I enjoy messing with people ;)
    Sounds like mine All I recommend is, if normal topical ointment isn't helping, try ones with Benzoyl Peroxide instead of Salicylic Acid as the active ingredient. BP is stronger than SA, meaning it dries your skin out but fights acne harder, and the drying increases peeling, where the skin renews itself. Of course, try not to pick at your skin as the acne heals Hope this helps!

Gonna at least for other people's suggestions, too!
    - Roger de Bussy-Rabutin

7. Senior Member
    My skin gets confused too...I've found that I can't use too many harsh, "acne medicine" things on my face, cause that just makes it mad and even more breakouts! I use a Tea Tree oil bar on my face, witch hazel wipes (instead of a harsh toner) and for zits, Burt's Bees Tea Tree blemish stick.
    If things get really bad, a company called Derma E makes a moisturizer "Very Clear". Found that at Whole Foods and it was worth the $20 something bucks it was.
    "You will never completely be at home again because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of knowing and loving people in more than one place."

8. Regular Member
    for dull skin: you will need 1/2 ounce of organic apple cider vinegar, 3 ounces of mineral water, 5 plain aspirin tablets then dilute apple cider vinegar with the mineral water and crush the aspirin and add it to the vineger/water mix and apply to your face and rinse off with warm water

for acne scars: you will need 4 teaspoons of lemon juice, 3 teaspoons of plain yogurt, 4 tablespoons of honey and 1 egg white, mix it all up and apply to a clean face, let it set for 15 minutes then rinse with warm water

for oily skin: you will need 1 avocado, 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice, 1 egg white then combine all ingredients to make a paste, apply to skin and wait for it dry then rinse with cool water
  9. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks every one for all the awesome tips! I will definitely be trying some of these!
  10. Regular Member
    pinterest has alot of good ideas for skin care