Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brazilian wax... waxing of private areas of the body

1. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Brazilian wax... waxing of private areas of the body

Advertisements
    I have never heard about this type of waxing until my friend told me about this. I was like "wow"... And I wanted to ask you guys have you ever tried it and what do you think?

I dont think I`d ever be brave enough to do this, but get jealous when my friend tells me how she dont bother about those hair a month while I have to shave them like twice a week.

Also what do you prefer to use: razor or cream or what else?
  2. I'm coming home to you
    I'm coming home to you
    While I've heard of it before, I want to know what others think of it cause I've never done it, personally
  3. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    I'm getting one on Thursday. I'll let you know how it is afterwards!
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  4. the siren that sings you home
    the siren that sings you home
    I'm a big fan of waxing. It's easier than shaving, and it generally looks/feels better, IMO. It doesn't hurt that bad at all, and you do get used to it.
    Just find a place that is clean, and someone who is fast and willing to take the time to answer all of your questions.

Johanna is my wifey!
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I've done it two or three times...DF thought it was fine, but prefers hair. Its expensive and the pain is temporary and doesn't last longer than a few seconds; for me. Take advil or something before hand, I've heard other take tums as well.... wait a 24 -48 hours then definitely use a sugar rub to exfoliate the waxed area...I didn't the first try (which I did a month before I saw DF so I'd know how I'd react) and I also used an astringent - when I didn't it was not good...ingrown hairs and yuck! The second and third time I learned my lesson and used the exfoliate and astringent (I had no idea until I looked it up - i.e. a what did I do wrong google search)

It took the hair to grow back at the same rate that I need to redo my eyebrows...maybe a tad longer.

In the end, I was sooo happy when DF told me he preferred hair. I may get another in the future, but only for the ease of a vacation or something.
  6. AKA: Jerseyatheart86
    AKA: Jerseyatheart86

I've never had anything wax. I'm kinda interested in it...thinking about doing it before I leave for DB's graduation but I think I'm too chicken.

7. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    I do it all the time... like to the point that I just bought a wax pot and strips and do it myself. One wax here is like $60, so the pot/supplies paid for itself the first time I did it. The first time is the worst. And I think everyone of my friends agree that the "landing strip" area is the most painful part to wax. The rest is pretty uneventful-- especially after the first couple times.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I would take a Brazilian over shaving any day of the week. Yes, it's more painful, but you don't get razor burn and it lasts 5 times as long. It's completely worth the pain.
  9. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

I did it one time. I was ok. I haven't done it again because of the cost. I had it done in Texas and cost $60. I can't imagine how much it would cost in San Diego. It hurt when I had it done but I don't remember having much pain or discomfort afterwords. If I had lots of money for it I would do it again.
  10. I enjoy messing with people ;)
    I enjoy messing with people ;)
    I shave everything It feels comfortable for me, and DF prefers it. I try to be really careful not to get bumps, and for the most part it's okay, but I'm thinking of trying a Brazilian in the future... it just seems easier. I wax facial stuff, and I've waxed under arms a few times because it looks better than shaving and I don't have to bother with it for a month afterwards, and I know it doesn't hurt all too much as long as I use some kind of soother afterwards.
    Absence is to love as wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small and kindles the great.
    - Roger de Bussy-Rabutin

"You mean every little bitty thing, and every super huge thing to me."
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast