Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to lighten/remove semi-permanent hair color?

1. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

Trying to lighten/remove semi-permanent hair color?

Advertisements
    So, I had bleached my hair a month or so ago, got sick of it and died my hair purple. (Good plan, I know!) My hair has been purple for I guess a week and a half or so. It's starting to fade in some spots, but in others is still super vibrant. It looks really really weird. So, I want to just go back to brown and stop fucking with my hair. The thing is, the purple is really dark so I want to get as much of that out as possible before I go back brown.

I bought a clarifying treatment from Sally's because that's what they said to do to get some of the color out. It's on my head now. I bought ion permanent hair color in medium brown with a 20 developer to put over the purple once it has faded enough. Do you think that will be fine? Also, if this clarifying treatment doesn't help, what should I do to make the color fade, aside from wash my hair 20 times a day?

I realllllly want to get rid of the purple ASAP because of the way it's fading. TIA for any helpful advice

2. Senior Member
    take 10 vitamin c pills crush them up,,combine with shampoo and water to make a wettish paste,,,add to damp hair ,,leave on palstic covered hair for 30-45 min,,,it will lighten ...this has worked better than anything I have ever tried
  3. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

Quote Originally Posted by maxka View Post
    take 10 vitamin c pills crush them up,,combine with shampoo and water to make a wettish paste,,,add to damp hair ,,leave on palstic covered hair for 30-45 min,,,it will lighten ...this has worked better than anything I have ever tried
    I'll give it a shot!

The clarifying treatment did....nothing!

4. I'm coming home to you
    I'm coming home to you
    Honestly, purple is hard. You might be able to work it if the clarifying treatment works, but if it doesn't you might have no choice but to dye it darker and possibly dye it red. I dyed the underneath of my hair and part of my bangs (see below) purple

it faded to green and I wanted to kill someone (see below)

and that was AFTER I dyed it brown. (And after I tried one of those color removing box treatments) Hopefully you won't have this problem, but the only way that I was able to get my hair back to brown was to first dye all of the purple red (so that it cancelled out the cool colors) and then dye it a darker brown than the darkest colour in it.
    I hope this helps
    If not, I now that cassadilla (one of the members of this site) is studying to be a hair stylist, so maybe she can help you!
  5. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

This is getting to be a process

I just want my hair to be brown again

6. Senior Member
    I would just go to a hair dresser honestly.

7. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

My hair dresser costs like $100 for a cut and color. I don't think I have that kind of money to spend. Not to mention I leave to go back to OK in less than a week. And I don't trust the people in OK.

I'll go over the budget and see if I can have Judy fix it, but I'd really rather not spend that money.

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bajingo View Post
    My hair dresser costs like $100 for a cut and color. I don't think I have that kind of money to spend. Not to mention I leave OK in less than a week. And I don't trust the people in OK.
    Ah okay. Well, I just say that from experience. I've fucked with my hair a LOT, and at some points I just had to go to my hair dresser to fix it. I've had purple hair... but I can't remember what I did to fix it. I think I box dyed it brown over the purple, which I think turned it black, so I went to hair dresser to fix it I can't remember it's been so long.

9. I'm coming home to you
    I'm coming home to you
    Quote Originally Posted by bajingo View Post
    This is getting to be a process

I just want my hair to be brown again
    I know what you mean. I feel like mine could've been easily fixed if I just dyed it red and then a really dark brown to begin with. Why don't you just dye it back red? It looks good in the picture you have up!
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I'd suggest biting the bullet and going to a salon. At this point, you could just be doing more damage to your hair by trying to "save" it. When I did purple streaks in my hair, those parts had to be bleached as well. It looked great at first, but then the second time I tried to touch it up, it was a gross blue, then I tried to dye it all brown, bleached hair took the brown in a VERY weird way. Eventually my hair started breaking off. I wish I had just let it be and gone to a salon to fix it.

Bleach, purple, clarifying treatment, and possible dying again? Yes, I'd head to a salon and get it taken care of so the hair can be healthy again.

Good luck!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast