Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concealer help!

1. BeachGrl210
    BeachGrl210

Concealer help!

Advertisements
    How do you apply your concealer, and what kind do you like?

My biggest problem is covering under-eye circles, and a scar I have on my nose from a piercing. No matter how or what kind I apply, they never seem to go away. And even if I don't use a lot it doesn't seem to stay on all day. And sometimes even with a powder concealer you can see it! It will crease or just not look right. SO lately I've given up and just not worn any at all (my tan helps a little!).

I use a mineral powder foundation and have tried powder and liquid concealers and everything in between! Do you put your on before or after foundation?
  2. Senior Member
    I usually wash my face, apply moisturizer, then add concealer followed by baremineral foundation.

I use this stuff under my eyes. It works great for me! (it's cheaper at walmart, though!)
    Almay Smart Shade Concealer Light Ulta.com - Cosmetics, Fragrance, Salon and Beauty Gifts
  3. BeachGrl210
    BeachGrl210

Quote Originally Posted by Jen♥ View Post
    I usually wash my face, apply moisturizer, then add concealer followed by baremineral foundation.

I use this stuff under my eyes. It works great for me! (it's cheaper at walmart, though!)
    Almay Smart Shade Concealer Light Ulta.com - Cosmetics, Fragrance, Salon and Beauty Gifts
    Thanks I'll have to give it a try!
  4. Senior Member
    I hate powder concealers. The bare minerals bisque works really well before it fades ten minutes later but what a pain.

I use different concealers for my face and under my eyes. Under my eyes I use either the loreal undereye concealer with the little brush, it's a good concealer but the packaging is a pain in the ass. I also like the maybelline age rewind dark circle eraser but that packaging is awful too, it broke on me like a week after I bought it. It's a good concealer but that was really annoying.

For my face I use make up for ever HD concealer, it is THE BEST. It blends into my skin so well, it's impossible to tell its there. I don't love their HD foundation but the concealer is amazing, just too dry for undereye use.

I do under eye concealer, foundation, face concealer. Even if I use powder foundation, but I wait a few minutes to let the powder set or whatever first because otherwise it looks cakey. I guess you're supposed to do all liquid before powder, but it all rubs off when I buff it in then so I do it backwards.
  5. Certified G
    Certified G
    This is going to sound weird or like I'm part of a late night infomercial, but I put coconut oil on my face. I've been doing that for about two months now. I don't need concealer anymore.

I still use my foundation - Make Up For Ever HD - and follow it with the finishing powder.

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KateElizabeth View Post
    This is going to sound weird or like I'm part of a late night infomercial, but I put coconut oil on my face. I've been doing that for about two months now. I don't need concealer anymore.

I still use my foundation - Make Up For Ever HD - and follow it with the finishing powder.
    I love coconut oil!
  7. Certified G
    Certified G
    Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    I love coconut oil!
    I hadn't even heard of it until a few months ago. I looked into it for my hair, really. It was a frazzled, dried out mess! Then, I decided to use it on my face, too. Holy crap. Glorious.

8. Senior Member
    How much do you apply when using it on your skin?
  9. BeachGrl210
    BeachGrl210

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    I hate powder concealers. The bare minerals bisque works really well before it fades ten minutes later but what a pain.

I use different concealers for my face and under my eyes. Under my eyes I use either the loreal undereye concealer with the little brush, it's a good concealer but the packaging is a pain in the ass. I also like the maybelline age rewind dark circle eraser but that packaging is awful too, it broke on me like a week after I bought it. It's a good concealer but that was really annoying.

For my face I use make up for ever HD concealer, it is THE BEST. It blends into my skin so well, it's impossible to tell its there. I don't love their HD foundation but the concealer is amazing, just too dry for undereye use.

I do under eye concealer, foundation, face concealer. Even if I use powder foundation, but I wait a few minutes to let the powder set or whatever first because otherwise it looks cakey. I guess you're supposed to do all liquid before powder, but it all rubs off when I buff it in then so I do it backwards.
    I feel the same way about the Bare Minerals bisque! I feel like the liquid concealers give more coverage too... but maybe I should try waiting after I apply them to stop them from looking so cakey! Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by KateElizabeth View Post

Coconut oil on your face! Never heard of this! My face breaks out I feel like that might make it! How much/ how often do you use it? Night or morning? I'm super curious!
  10. Senior Member
    me too I am curious to see how much to use,,I think my skin would break out like no ones business
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast