Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Modest Swimsuit

1. Senior Member

Modest Swimsuit

Advertisements
    I'm going to be meeting my boyfriend's (ENTIRE!) family next week. We're going up their cabin at the lake for the 4th of July, and I have no idea what to wear in terms of a swimsuit. I'm totally a bikini girl, so the idea of wearing a one-piece or tankini is foreign to me! I don't want to show too much skin, especially since there will be older people and small kids around. HAAAALLPPP
  2. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    I don't understand why you can't wear a bikini...

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  3. Senior Member
  4. Senior Member
    I just feel like hanging out half naked isn't a great first impression, but maybe I'm making it out to be a bigger deal than it really is.
  5. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries
    I ONLY wear tankini's or one piece suits. There are tons out there. But I just did a (seriously) quick google search and saw this. It's pretty cute.

Womens Tankini Swimsuit Tops | Womens Modest Swimwear | Lime Ricki

ETA: And I think your decision to cover up a bit for the big family gathering (at least for the first time meeting most of them) is a good idea. You don't know what the family is like as far as modesty goes. Scope it out this year in a one piece/tankini, and then maybe next year pack your bikini's.
  6. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyLovesTricky View Post
    I just feel like hanging out half naked isn't a great first impression, but maybe I'm making it out to be a bigger deal than it really is.
    Oh... it's a swimsuit so I guess I don't see how you'd be hanging out half naked.

But what about something like this?

Side-tie Cutout One-Piece at Alloy

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  7. Senior Member
    There are a lot of really cute one piece options now. I'd probably go with something pin-up style.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Malfoy View Post
    I ONLY wear tankini's or one piece suits. There are tons out there. But I just did a (seriously) quick google search and saw this. It's pretty cute.

Womens Tankini Swimsuit Tops | Womens Modest Swimwear | Lime Ricki

ETA: And I think your decision to cover up a bit for the big family gathering (at least for the first time meeting most of them) is a good idea. You don't know what the family is like as far as modesty goes. Scope it out this year in a one piece/tankini, and then maybe next year pack your bikini's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    Oh... it's a swimsuit so I guess I don't see how you'd be hanging out half naked.

But what about something like this?

Side-tie Cutout One-Piece at Alloy
    Those are both cute- Thanks!
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    There are a lot of really cute one piece options now. I'd probably go with something pin-up style.
    Ditto. A cute halter tankini with a bottom with more coverage or something like this: Google Image Result for http://www.swimwearforme.com/img/ucart/images/pimage/914/pimagemain.jpg is sooo cute
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katyp View Post
    Ditto. A cute halter tankini with a bottom with more coverage or something like this: Google Image Result for http://www.swimwearforme.com/img/ucart/images/pimage/914/pimagemain.jpg is sooo cute
    I really like this!!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast