Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shimmer Lights?

1. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

Shimmer Lights?

Advertisements
    Can anyone tell me approximately how many uses with the Shimmer Lights shampoo it took to tone down brassy-ness in bleached hair?

I got my hair done this past weekend and it's pretty brassy on the bottom. I leave for home in about three weeks and I was hoping to tone down some of that before I go. If this shampoo doesn't help then I want to just go ahead and get it bleached again before I go to see if that does that trick, but people keep telling me my hair will fall out

I just used the shampoo for the first time tonight but I put in a deep conditioner right after so now I'm waiting to rinse that out before my hair can dry and I can see what I've got to work with.

Trying to be a bleach blonde is hard. My hair did not get this brassy last time I bleached it

2. Senior Member
    I've never used shimmer lights, but I've been using the Pantene silver expressions shampoo and conditioner for a couple months and I would definitely recommend! It's for grey hair but it does the same thing as any other purple shampoo.

My hair is light brown but it has a lot of orange in it from leftover red dye, it's helped sooo much.
  3. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

But the purple shampoo thing works at least! I figure Shimmer Lights is about the same as any other purple shampoo is.

How does the Pantene smell? The stuff I'm using smells like an old lady

4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bajingo View Post
    But the purple shampoo thing works at least! I figure Shimmer Lights is about the same as any other purple shampoo is.

How does the Pantene smell? The stuff I'm using smells like an old lady
    It smells like any other shampoo, haha. It smells a little bit perfumey I guess but it's certainly not bad and it doesn't stay in my hair, which I prefer.

I like it because it's not super drying and it's really cheap. I got it at target and it was only like $4 or something.
  5. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    It smells like any other shampoo, haha. It smells a little bit perfumey I guess but it's certainly not bad and it doesn't stay in my hair, which I prefer.

I like it because it's not super drying and it's really cheap. I got it at target and it was only like $4 or something.
    I might try that if I don't like the shimmer lights. I have this stuff already, but it was kinda pricey and I love cheap alternatives

6. Senior Member
    Lather the simmer lights and let it sit for a few mins then wash it out, it might take a few times. Our go get it toned to take our the brassyness.

7. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

Quote Originally Posted by usngf2016 View Post
    Lather the simmer lights and let it sit for a few mins then wash it out, it might take a few times. Our go get it toned to take our the brassyness.
    The girl who bleached my hair used a toner. I just have stubborn red from last time I dyed my hair, I think.

I'll see what happens with the shimmer lights. I figure I'll use the conditioner everyday even if I only wash every other day. Maybe that will help the process move along.

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by bajingo View Post
    The girl who bleached my hair used a toner. I just have stubborn red from last time I dyed my hair, I think.

I'll see what happens with the shimmer lights. I figure I'll use the conditioner everyday even if I only wash every other day. Maybe that will help the process move along.
    If it's really THAT brassy, I would get it toned again. She might not have used the right toner or left it on long enough, which is completely understandable. I don't mess with toners because I turned a girls hair blue once

Also, are you using just a purple shampoo? Some lines have a purple shampoo and conditioner which might also help you. I don't like the way it feels in my hair but I really like the Tressa Watercolors Violet Shampoo. I think you can only get it in a professional beauty store, but if you can find a stylist to buy it for you.... (your friend when you're in RI) that would be great.

I've never used the Shimmerlights so I really can't say if it's good or not, I've only ever used Loreal's which is being discontinued and the Tressa one. I hope it works for you though, I really really don't want you to have to bleach your hair again
  9. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

It's not that brassy. I mean, it looks fine. It's just not what I wanted

10. I just can't even...
    I just can't even...
    Blog Entries
    I've got blonde hair but we have hard water so it kinda gets brassy looking at times adn dull. The purple shampoo really helps. I don't use it all the time just once a week or so. And I just have the Paul Mitchell brand. I could never find a conditioner to go with it though so I just deep condition afterwards.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast