Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Top Coat?

1. Senior Member

Best Top Coat?

Advertisements
    I want my nail to look shiny like this, what is the best top coat to achieve that and why do they always chip like the next day? I do a base coat

Don't judge someone just because they sin differently than you.

2. Senior Member
    I have tried a few 'nicer' top coats (OPI and Essie) and wasn't that impressed. OPI is fine, but Essie (No chips ahead) was terrible.

I found that Sally Hanson Complete Salon Top Coat (about $4 at Walmart) is amazing. It keeps even my cheapest polish from chipping for three days and makes my nails very shiny.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  3. I enjoy messing with people ;)
    I enjoy messing with people ;)
    I swear by Seche Vite. It always gives me a good top coat, and I've never had a problem with it chipping; usually it wears away after 5 days, but it's always shiny. It dries fast, but doesn't have bubbles and after 5-10 minutes will be hard and un-dentable. I rarely go to the salon, but I went once to get a pedicure, and the lady thought I got a gel manicure because I had Seche Vite top coat on :3

Haha I don't mean to sound like an advertisement, it's just a great top coat, and pretty much the best thing I've bought for my nails at under $5.

Amazon.com: Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat: Beauty
    Absence is to love as wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small and kindles the great.
    - Roger de Bussy-Rabutin

"You mean every little bitty thing, and every super huge thing to me."
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    I swear by Seche Vite. It always gives me a good top coat, and I've never had a problem with it chipping; usually it wears away after 5 days, but it's always shiny. It dries fast, but doesn't have bubbles and after 5-10 minutes will be hard and un-dentable. I rarely go to the salon, but I went once to get a pedicure, and the lady thought I got a gel manicure because I had Seche Vite top coat on :3

Haha I don't mean to sound like an advertisement, it's just a great top coat, and pretty much the best thing I've bought for my nails at under $5.

Amazon.com: Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat: Beauty
    I've heard such good things about this product! I think I'll be trying it next.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  5. Senior Member
    Seche Vite is what I was going to order off Amazon since I have free giftcards from swag bucks but I heard it shrinks polish and goops up pretty bad. How has yours held up?

6. I enjoy messing with people ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by savanna. View Post
    Seche Vite is what I was going to order off Amazon since I have free giftcards from swag bucks but I heard it shrinks polish and goops up pretty bad. How has yours held up?
    I've never had a problem with it shrinking polish. The only time I've seen that is if it's a polish that's mostly glitter particles. It does get thick after a few months, but I bought the thinner and I just add that when it gets low. The thinner is worth it too, because I use it for my other polishes. The viscosity is pretty much the only bad thing about it, and I think it's worth it
    Absence is to love as wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small and kindles the great.
    - Roger de Bussy-Rabutin

7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    I've never had a problem with it shrinking polish. The only time I've seen that is if it's a polish that's mostly glitter particles. It does get thick after a few months, but I bought the thinner and I just add that when it gets low. The thinner is worth it too, because I use it for my other polishes. The viscosity is pretty much the only bad thing about it, and I think it's worth it
    I've added my OPI base coat to polishes to thin them and it's worked pretty well.

8. Senior Member
    SECHE VITE. I thought I knew what a good top coat was... until I tried that one. I'll never use anything else.
  9. Senior Member
    alright i'm sold

10. I enjoy messing with people ;)
    mission accomplished!
    - Roger de Bussy-Rabutin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast