Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ulta?

1. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!

Ulta?

Advertisements
    Has anyone used Ulta's haircutting/eyebrow waxing?

A girl I follow on Tumblr says they are good for eyebrows, but I want other opinions.

No matter where I go, they do my eyebrows slightly different every time and it annoys me. I even tell them to just clean them up and keep the same shape but they never seem to listen. >.<
  2. Senior Member
    Hmm the problem with asking people in different areas is that your Ulta has different employees than my Ulta. I would go on yelp or google reviews for the one near you, hopefully people have submitted reviews.
  3. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    i cut hair at ulta for a short time. it's really a hit or miss with the stylists. some are great some are not. i wouldn't cut my hair there though.

4. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    Do you mean the ULTA stylists or at a Benefit bar in ULTA? I used to work for an ULTA, and the salon there didn't make eyebrow appointments but Benefit did and every customer had nothing but raves about them!

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni Penni View Post
    Do you mean the ULTA stylists or at a Benefit bar in ULTA? I used to work for an ULTA, and the salon there didn't make eyebrow appointments but Benefit did and every customer had nothing but raves about them!
    I have heard great things about the benefit brow bar! I'd probably give them a try if you have one nearby! My Ulta doesn't have one but there's one in one of the department stores.
  6. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    I go there for hair & brows I love them.

be cool.
  7. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    I have heard great things about the benefit brow bar! I'd probably give them a try if you have one nearby! My Ulta doesn't have one but there's one in one of the department stores.
    I believe usually Macy's has a Benefit bar and, though I'm too cheap to pay to get my eyebrows done, I've heard from customers and friends that they're the best

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

8. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    Oh, and for haircuts, I'd call the store and ask the employee which stylist they recommend. I don't believe that ULTA ever has a bad stylist, but there's probably one that's a favorite and usually employees use ULTA services as well, so they would know best.

ETA - ULTA will have promotions for their salon featuring deals on their haircuts and styling, so maybe if you get on their mailing list (not sure if you can do that online, but you definitely can in store to receive the catalog, sales and coupons) you could get in on one of those
    Last edited by Jenni Penni; 06-05-2012 at 04:18 PM.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I've only been their for a haircut and I will never go back. It was WAY too expensive for what I got.

I Eelizah
  10. Senior Member
    It probably depends on the specific stylist that does them, because I've been to the same place 3 times for mine, and they're differently every time depending on who does them. One lady did mine WAY too thin one time, so now, I always make sure to say I don't really want them skinnier, just cleaned up. It makes me nervous every time, though! Once you find someone good, I'd just stick with them, since you'll know they do a good job!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast