Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Non-greasy scalp/hair sunscreen?

1. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.

Help Non-greasy scalp/hair sunscreen?

Advertisements
    I'm wanting to get a sun screen I can use in my hair to protect my head from the sun that won't make it look like I haven't showered. I will be out in the sun a LOT soon and in Florida the sun rays seems to be stronger, because last time I was there within an hour even with sun screen my skin was bubbling. Even when I was in Texas I was outside for less than an hour, and my head burnt so bad that it hurt for DAYS.

So I'd love to not have a fried scalp, but I'd like to still look good! Lol So if anyone has any scalp/hair sun screen they like that wouldn't make me look like a total grease pit I'm all ears!(normally I just do spray on sunscreen rubbed in, but Id prefer to not look like a grease monkey at like Disney World and Sea World. I'd like to look good still Lol)
    Signature removed due to size.
  2. Senior Member
    I'm interested in seeing what people say to this as well! I've always had this problem, my solution in the past is just to wear a hat/ponytail because all the sunscreen I've tried rinses out as soon as I get wet.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  3. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    I'm interested in seeing what people say to this as well! I've always had this problem, my solution in the past is just to wear a hat/ponytail because all the sunscreen I've tried rinses out as soon as I get wet.
    That is my problem too! I have a few hats, but I'd prefer to not have to wear hats every time I'm outside for more then 20 minutes. Doing the sun screen thing makes me feel gross with my hair all greased down. Lol

This is what happened with being outside for under an hour in Texas sun.
    Yet I can be outside her for hours without my head burning.

So I'd love something that doesn't make me look gross, and that helps keep that from happening again.

So far I'm thinking I'll try this.
    Scalp Sunscreen Fragrance Free
  4. Senior Member
    Could you do the sunscreen and then some dry shampoo or something on top of it?
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  5. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Quote Originally Posted by azarmygf View Post
    Could you do the sunscreen and then some dry shampoo or something on top of it?
    I may try that we'll be in Florida for ten days, and then likely moving there in August. So that for sure is now on my list of things to try. I'll try anything that keeps me from burning and having a roasted scalp again!