Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Frizzy hair!

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Grumpy Frizzy hair!

Advertisements
    Help a girl out! Either air dry or blow dry, my hair gets frizzy when it's dried. I haven't met a product that helps. Fortunately, I can tame it with a straightening iron but is there any advice to help tame this beast?!
  2. I enjoy messing with people ;)
    I enjoy messing with people ;)
    My hair was like that when it was shorter, I suggest keratin treatments, because they really work, your hair gets a hundred times silkier and it's SO much less maintenance. Other than that, the only thing I can think of is Pantene silicon smoothing serum. Good luck :I
    Absence is to love as wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small and kindles the great.
    - Roger de Bussy-Rabutin

"You mean every little bitty thing, and every super huge thing to me."
  3. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    I use really strong conditioner in the shower, and then smoothing serum and leave in conditioner when I get out. My hair is curly/wavy and nearly waist length so it's kind of a bish to take care of but I've noticed if I braid it or put it in a bun while it's drying, its much less frizzy.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  4. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    I have to keep mine up to tame it. I never brush when it is dry ando nly when shampoo or conditioner is in it. I use conditioner in the shower and a leave in conditioner after I get out. Once I get out of the shower I dont brush or comb it at all, just mousse and gel then scrunch and pull back. If I am going to be doing a lot of activity I use some hair spray on it.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks ladies. I'll be sure to dry some of these things
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Smile

I use a great hair product that one friend recommended me, it's Pro Naturals Moroccan Argan Oil, it works amazing, it protects the hair, makes it stronger, plus leaves it soft, shiny, frizz less and healthy. I love it !
    If you are interested you can check it out at safrons. com .
    Hope this could help you and good luck. ^_^
  7. Senior Member
    just like another PP, i recommend a keratin treatment. not one of the ones you can buy from the store, but a real one done by a salon. see if any salons are running any specials. we do them at my salon and it really makes a difference.
  8. Twin Wrangler Extraordinaire
    Twin Wrangler Extraordinaire
    My hair is super, super curly. Some tricks I have learned.... never brush it when it's dry, use a wide tooth comb or brush when it's wet. Never rub it with a towel, always squeeze. And don't mess with it constantly once it's dry. I have tried just about every kind of product available from the cheapest to the most expensive. I find my hair reacts best to a creamy, lotiony product. I use two different ones by Pantene off and on, depending on which I can find in the stores. A lot of it is trial & error, finding what works best with your hair & curl.

The Pantene stuff I use is this: Amazon.com: Pantene Pro-V Curly Hair Style Creme, Anti-Frizz Straightening, 5.1 oz.: Health & Personal Care
    or this one (which says it's for straightening but I don't use it for that.) Amazon.com: Pantene Pro-V Medium-Thick Hair Style Creme, Straighten & Smooth, 5.1 oz.: Health & Personal Care

I do not blow dry my hair unless I'm straightening it (which is rare). If you do, use a diffuser attachment.