Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to shop?

1. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡

Where to shop?

Advertisements
    I am trying to come to terms with my new post-baby body, and I have been told that the best way to build confidence is to get some cute outfits. So, where would you suggest shopping? I need basically a whole new wardrobe, and I don't want to spend a fortune since I am still hoping to lose weight. I am not interested in teenager-y (juniors) clothes because I'm really getting too old IMO to wear them. Plus, they just don't fit the best right now.
    The only places I've tried so far are like department stores, and that is working okay for now.

Any and all suggestions are welcomed!

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'll be this status because I tried to go shopping and came home after a few hours empty handed.

I did look at TJ Maxx and Ross Dress for Less but I must of not gone on a good day because I didn't see ANYTHING.

I am 4 months PP and I still have almost once a week moments where I throw myself on the bed and cry and sometimes throw a fit *DON'T JUDGE!* It's hard going through body changes from pregnancy you're not alone!
  3. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

TJ Maxx, Ross, Old Navy. It's not really about the clothes (so long as they fit well), it's more about how you wear them. Do you have pinterest? search Polyvore (also a website), gives you outfit ideas. Take some of those ideas and find pieces of clothing that you could use to make the outfits, max and match is simple. Accessorize is a big part too.

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by SandyKay View Post
    TJ Maxx, Ross, Old Navy. It's not really about the clothes (so long as they fit well), it's more about how you wear them. Do you have pinterest? search Polyvore (also a website), gives you outfit ideas. Take some of those ideas and find pieces of clothing that you could use to make the outfits, max and match is simple. Accessorize is a big part too.

MSOS needs to invest in a like button!
  5. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I got a lot of my new wardrobe from Charolette Rousse. I was definitely larger, but they still had nice "flowey" tops that accentuated my new boobs while not drawing a lot of attention to my belly. Their pants have a good variety of sizes so that also wasn't a problem.

6. Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Blog Entries
    I wear a lot of Old Navy
    Rissa*Rawr is my Wifey as of 1/24/2012
  7. Twin Wrangler Extraordinaire
    Twin Wrangler Extraordinaire
    As I sit here still in a maternity top.. *sigh* In my defense, you can't even tell unless you look at the tag!

I've had good luck with Old Navy, Target & Kohl's. My problem is my baby pooch, and honestly sometimes I wear skin tight cami tops under a shirt to hide the pooch. I wouldn't buy too much or throw away anything just yet, though, your body changes so much during & after pregnancy. After I had my twins, I threw so much stuff away thinking I'd never fit into it. Yeah, I was wrong.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

You can get plain classics from any store-- even "teenagery" ones I got a bunch of plain v-necks, jean shorts, plain white shorts, etc from American Eagle. Then I balance that with accessories and accent pieces that I like from scattered places-- Modcloth, Anthropologie, Banana Republic, JCrew, Old Navy, etc.

ITA with Sandy-- it's more about how you assemble the outfit than where you buy it from.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

9. Senior Member
    Target, Old Navy, Buckle, Macys, Nordstrom, Forever 21, Express (on sale!). I try to buy simple basics that fit well and don't stick to my stomach.
  10. Senior Member
    i love old navy,express, and target
    Proud Wife of Joe. Medically Retired Marine.

Proud Mommy to Lilliana 6/7/2010

Expecting a Baby Boy in February

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast