Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Camp hair styles?

1. Senior Member

Help Camp hair styles?

Advertisements
    I need help from any hair gurus or past camp counselors.

I am working at a camp for students with disabilities next week. Obviously, my concern is not looking cute whatsoever. I need my hair to be out of my face and not bothering me.

I have crazy frizzy hair when it gets wet and dries without some kind of product in it. It doesn't curl well on its own. I'm more than likely going to be showering at night and waking up and doing my hair every morning. We are going to be in and out of the pools, and it's like 100% humidity every day here so it tends to get frizzy regardless.

I watched a YouTube video with some great ideas that I am going to look into for sure, but I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions or ideas that have worked in the past. I want something that I can do in the morning that will stay the rest of the day. I want 200% of my attention to be on these kids.

Oh and I cannot french braid to save my life.

Thanks in advance!

My blog: Life, Love, and Lesson Plans My Wedding Blog: Operation: Becoming Mrs. B

I *Kayla*! She's the best wifey and friend in the world
  2. Senior Member
    I can't French braid either.

I always had mine up in a pony tail with bobby pins holding back any excess. There just wasn't another option for me.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    I can't French braid either.

I always had mine up in a pony tail with bobby pins holding back any excess. There just wasn't another option for me.
    Yeah, it's looking like it is going to be messy buns, clips and headbands. I have these crazy bang things that stick out really bad. I may just do a regular braid or something.

My blog: Life, Love, and Lesson Plans My Wedding Blog: Operation: Becoming Mrs. B

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Oh gosh, and you can't french braid? Uhhh...I'd normal-braid on either side of your head (where your layers or baby hairs are, if you have them), then pull your hair back into a ponytail and use a bobby pin to pin each one into your pony tail holder Then mist with hairspray. That used to keep me good for hours! But honestly, my favorite thing was french braiding Those were my go-to camp hairstyles
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    Oh gosh, and you can't french braid? Uhhh...I'd normal-braid on either side of your head (where your layers or baby hairs are, if you have them), then pull your hair back into a ponytail and use a bobby pin to pin each one into your pony tail holder Then mist with hairspray. That used to keep me good for hours! But honestly, my favorite thing was french braiding Those were my go-to camp hairstyles
    I know, I so wish I could. I've tried so many times to learn but I just can't. I'll probably do something like that. I'm going to play with it some this weekend to find something that works.

6. <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3
    I say throw your hands up and just give in... you're in Jawga... you're bound to get misty!
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawWoman. View Post
    I say throw your hands up and just give in... you're in Jawga... you're bound to get misty!
    I more than likely will resort to that, but I just need something up and out of the way that will function well. You just haven't seen how frizzy it can get. it is NOT cute nor possible to function with.

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by sarah dee View Post
    I know, I so wish I could. I've tried so many times to learn but I just can't. I'll probably do something like that. I'm going to play with it some this weekend to find something that works.
    Yeah, I getcha. Honestly, I couldn't french braid for years, but when I started ROTC, my Mom (who had been in the AF for like 17 years lol) told me that it was the quickest, easiest and neatest way to do my hair in uniform, so I spent WEEKS practicing until I could do it well. I still can't do other people's, but I can do my own now
    ​​​

9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by katinahat View Post
    Yeah, I getcha. Honestly, I couldn't french braid for years, but when I started ROTC, my Mom (who had been in the AF for like 17 years lol) told me that it was the quickest, easiest and neatest way to do my hair in uniform, so I spent WEEKS practicing until I could do it well. I still can't do other people's, but I can do my own now
    I'll try to practice if I can this week. I'm finishing up classes, so we will see!

10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by sarah dee View Post
    I'll try to practice if I can this week. I'm finishing up classes, so we will see!
    ​​​

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast