Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Holy Crap! It's Review Time!! Greaseball Edition.

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Holy Crap! It's Review Time!! Greaseball Edition. [Photo Update]

Advertisements
    Okay, ladies. I have two words for you: Grease Ball. What am I referring to? Mah face.

I have combination skin that leans more towards the oily side and now that it's getting hot outside, I'm greasier than ever. I'm tellin' ya, my face produces enough oil to grease a frying pan for your egg and hashbrown breakfasts. Actually, maybe enough to fill one of those at-home mini deep fryers. Just picture that. Yeah. It's nasty, but it's even nastier having to live with that. Chicken fingers, anyone?

So I'm a little late in the game, but I have discovered this product that so many people have raved about. It's No More Shine by Skindinavia.

So I've been trying it for a few days before giving it a review to you lovely ladies. I have to say, I do like this stuff a lot!!

So what you do is your usual skin routine and after applying your moisturizer, you shake the bottle well and spritz a bit of this this stuff 8 inches away from from your face onto your T-Zone. Apply your war paint and then spritz this stuff again about 4 times to cover your entire face.

Now they don't claim to completely diminish oil, but it helps reduce the amount of times you have to blot and keeps your makeup from melting. I'd have to agree with this. My face isn't completely matte from the stuff as others claimed it has done for them, but it does keep my skin from going past the "sexy, dewy glow" stage. If I do blot, it is only once and it is a light blot for preventative measures.

I purchased the 2oz bottle at 19 smackaroos, but you can purchase a 4oz ($29) or 8oz bottle ($39) from the company.

I'll post a picture of my mug for you lovelies later after my usual blot time. It'll be at the time I usually have to blot a second time in the day (about 6 hours of wear).
    Last edited by danika.; 05-28-2012 at 07:31 PM.

FaceSpace
    Instagramy Goodness

AmandaA is my wifey-cakes ~ katebugg07 is my mistress

2. Senior Member
    I have the one from urban decay (which is actually made by skindinavia, or at least their name is also on it) and I really like it as well!
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Okay, as I said, here are the photos I had taken at work the day I composed this review.

Excuse the tired looking eyes. I was celebrating National Wine Day the night before and didn't think about how taxing red wine is on my skin the next day. And this little lady just happened to have plowed through a full bottle the night before these pictures were taken!

This photo was taken about 9 am when I had started my workday (already two hours of makeup wear)

This photo is after about 7 hours of makeup wear. I usually blot one or two times by this time.

I don't see a difference at all! The only thing I could say is that my skin was a bit drier than it was before using the product. I may use a stronger moisturizer before applying my makeup next time.

FaceSpace
    Instagramy Goodness

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I need something like this! Half way through the day my face looks horrible.

Does it make your skin dry? I have oily skin but it's also super dry on my cheeks and forehead.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by EverlastingLove View Post
    I need something like this! Half way through the day my face looks horrible.

Does it make your skin dry? I have oily skin but it's also super dry on my cheeks and forehead.
    It can because I noticed a bit more flakiness so I'm going to try a heavy duty moisturizer and see how that works. Another thing I thought about doing was skipping the first spritz and waiting to till I apply my makeup before spritzing the product on.

I was also wearing it today when I was running errands and it was probably in the high 90s in temperature and my makeup still looks fine and I hadn't blotted whatsoever!!

FaceSpace
    Instagramy Goodness