Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: People who know about hair, I need your halp!!!

1. Senior Member

People who know about hair, I need your halp!!!

Advertisements
    I'm nearly decided that I'm going (somewhat) blonde! I can't picture it on myself at all but I had blonde hair naturally until I was about 12 so I'm confident that I'll be able to pull it off.

This is what I want, I think.

Ok, now for my questions. First of all, taking my hair color into consideration, would I probably be able to achieve this color with just a full highlight or would I also need to lighten the base?

This picture is kind of dark but I think it's a pretty accurate representation of my hair color. I used to dye it burgundy ish and the red tones are STILL in my hair, but I've been using purple shampoo and it's far less orangey/brassy now.

Also, my hair is decently healthy (hasnt been dyed in over a year, never lightened at all), I blow dry it maybe once every month or two, occasionally curl my hair. Is there anything I should do to prepare my hair for this? It's not in bad shape at all but Im sort of terrified it's going to break and fall out.

Lastly, what are some blonde hair essentials? I already know about purple shampoo, but is there anything else I should know about? Do lightening shampoos (John Frieda go blonder etc) actually work at all or does it just dry out your hair and make it orange? Do I have to start buying fancy shampoo or is stuff from target ok?

Btw sorry, I know Im rambling like a psycho but I'm nervous and need to prepare!!
  2. <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3
    You kinda look like her.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    You do kinda look like her!
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawWoman. View Post
    You kinda look like her.
    Quote Originally Posted by *Caraa View Post
    You do kinda look like her!
    I wishhhhh. I've been watching her on greys anatomy for weeks and I'm obsessed with her face bahaha
  5. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!
    it's gonna look super good on you!!
    if i were you, i would just highlight the top half of your head and leave the bottom how it is now. sounds weird but that's what i do (i actually darken the bottom half of mine too) and it looks pretty similar to hers. it gives it more dimension and makes an easier transition and upkeep too
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lorem_ipsum View Post
    it's gonna look super good on you!!
    if i were you, i would just highlight the top half of your head and leave the bottom how it is now. sounds weird but that's what i do (i actually darken the bottom half of mine too) and it looks pretty similar to hers. it gives it more dimension and makes an easier transition and upkeep too
    Hmmm is that what's called a partial highlight then? The reason Im looking at a full highlight is because my stylist back home told me a full highlight will probably be what I want. I've been going back and forth about blonde for like two years haha

What would happen if I did a partial highlight and wanted it blonder? Just wait until roots show and do a full? Partial would be good (cheaper holla) but I'm worried my hair is gonna look stripey or weird.
  7. Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Blog Entries
    I have to agree you kind of look like her!

LOL No advice on the hair but it would look cute on you!!
    Rissa*Rawr is my Wifey as of 1/24/2012
  8. Senior Member
    You should get a full foil, first. I wouldn't lighten the base, but I would keep up with upkeep (getting a foil every 6-8 wks there after) so you slowly lighten your hair color, without much of a damaging affect.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen♥ View Post
    You should get a full foil, first. I wouldn't lighten the base, but I would keep up with upkeep (getting a foil every 6-8 wks there after) so you slowly lighten your hair color, without much of a damaging affect.
    Less damage would be ideal!
  10. Senior Member
    A co worker went from brown to blonde and did it in three separate appts a few weeks apart.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast