Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: What to wear with this dress?

1. Senior Member
    Me: Germany - Him: other side of the world

Help What to wear with this dress?

Advertisements
    Hey Ladies, I need your help. DB is taking me to a military ball when I visit him this summer. I already got a floor length dress that I wanna wear so I don't have to spend all the money for another dress.
    I got mine a while ago but I found it again on Amazon so you can all take a look. Here it is! (Please excuse the model posing around like a crazy person. I have NO idea what is wrong with her. I can only assume she was drunk during the whole shoot or sth )

Astrapahl, Sehr schönes Abendkleid im Toga Stil, bodenlang, Farbe rot: Amazon.de: Bekleidung

Okay, thing is I have NO idea what to wear with that dress. But I know some of you are awesome fashion advisers
    So what would you suggest? Jewelry, shoes (can only wear some type of flats cause DB is just as tall as I am ), hairstyle (I got long brunette hair all the way down to my waist with layers in the front). Aaaaand GO!
    PCS time is getting closer. Let our Europe adventures begin!
  2. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries
    I'd do an updo and some chunky/statement earrings. Maybe a bracelet too. Gorgeous dress, btw!
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'd do an updo with either stud or drop diamond earrings Then either nude or metallic for your flats. Simple and understated-- the dress is bold enough on its own!
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

4. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miss[Pregg]O View Post
    I'd do an updo and some chunky/statement earrings. Maybe a bracelet too. Gorgeous dress, btw!
    Thanks! I am so glad I already got it and don't have to spend another 100$ on a dress I will only wear that one night...

Thanks for all your suggestions ladies! I got metallic flats actually... (great idea, katinahat ) I like all your earring ideas a lot! Plus I might hop over to google and look for some updo ideas there now
  5. Senior Member
    I agree with understated because the dress is bold.
  6. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    Delicate earrings & bracelet for sure. Drop diamond earrings is a great idea, and just a simple tennis bracelet.

Hair down and curled like in the picture, or a "swept up" style http://maxcdn.chiqweddings.com/files...arner_hair.jpg

No necklace.

I wouldn't go too crazy with the shoes, since nobody will probably see them anyway. Just simple closed toe black, white, or silver.

be cool.
  7. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, Baby♥ View Post
    Delicate earrings & bracelet for sure. Drop diamond earrings is a great idea, and just a simple tennis bracelet.

Hair down and curled like in the picture, or a "swept up" style http://maxcdn.chiqweddings.com/files...arner_hair.jpg

No necklace.

I wouldn't go too crazy with the shoes, since nobody will probably see them anyway. Just simple closed toe black, white, or silver.
    I actually got silver/dark grey metallic flats. And wearing my hair down sounds great cause I am usually pretty good with doing my hair but somehow with updos I always get worried that it might look messy in the back and I wouldn't notice cause it's hard to check needing 2 mirrors and stuff and I just know DB would say I look great even though my hair was a mess
  8. Navy Wife Extraordinaire
    Navy Wife Extraordinaire

No necklace and some nice drop earrings. I would rather see your hair down than up.
  9. Senior Member
    A loose, lose bun like this:
    Low Updos And Loose Bun Suit You In Casual Daily Activities | Easy Updos For Medium Hair

For jewelry, I would do big statement ear rings, there are so many options and it really is a preference thing I figured I'd just recommend the style. I would also do a big statement cocktail ring and a bracelet. The cocktail ring is just my style though, just a bracelet would be fine. I personally would do silver or black, but I'm not a huge fan of gold.

For shoes, if you absolutely HAVE to do flats I would do something like this:GC Shoes Tulip Sandal Flat Sandals Sandal Shop Women's Shoes - DSW
    Or similar to this because it's a more dressy take.

I would look into strappy low rise heel sandals too if you could.

Hope it helps.
    misskrissyo is my partner in crime Fifi is my lover