Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Stronger hair?

1. Afghanistan just so you know...you suck. That's all.
    Afghanistan just so you know...you suck. That's all.

Stronger hair?

Advertisements
    Hi all So I am having an issue with my hair. Because I am currently deployed it is forcing me to have my hair in a bun for most of the day every day..not only does this cause the bumps on the back of my neck but it seems as if my hair is breaking and falling out a lot more than normal. I do not blow dry, straighten and rarely put gel/hair spray into it to try and keep it healthier.
    Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could use such as a specific strengthening conditioner. I would have to order it online or have someone try and send it so I want to get your guys opinions just so I don't waste money.

Also I do realize the bumps on the back of your neck are from pulling hair too tight for the most part but I don't think that is what is causing that. I keep the hair on my neck very loose and seperate from the ponytail then twist it into the bun..

Anyone have any ideas or tips?

Married my MSOS Wifey Fedface3266 9/24/10
  2. Senior Member
    Try to let your hair dry even if its with a towel as much as you can before puting it back up. That will help you with the bumps, your hair and not to get stinky bun ( does the army have stinky bun problems in basic? the af does).
  3. Senior Member
    My ODD had this when she was younger because we pulled her hair back in a ponytail every day, lol. Our only options were not doing the ponytail every day, and making them looser on the days we did it. You can also help by changing the spot the bun is at on your head, or how the hair goes into it. Can you pull the top part together in one area (top, middle) and THEN pull it into a bun. This alters the area that is joined in the bun and might give some relief...

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  4. Afghanistan just so you know...you suck. That's all.
    Afghanistan just so you know...you suck. That's all.

both are perfect suggestions! Thank you so much. I let my hair down every night and keep it down after I take a shower to sleep..I will try tomorrow

Married my MSOS Wifey Fedface3266 9/24/10
  5. ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    I would try to make the bum a little bit looser when you have to wear it up. You might have to redo it a couple times during the day, and that might cause problems, but if its possible, then at least it won't be tugging so hard. I'd see if you can order a repairing hair mask for in the shower. My hair, I can't even describe to you how weak/damaged my hair is. Hair masks have really started to help restore my hair back to normal.
    I have this: Amazon.com: It's A 10 Miracle Hair Mask , 8-Ounces Jars: Beauty
    It seems to be working pretty well. It smells nice too. You just put it on in the shower, leave it on for mane 3 mins, or however long you want. I would REALY recommend this one though: Amazon.com: Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Mask, 8.5 ounces Jar: Beauty
    It is suppose to be a miracle worker. And I believe it, from what I have seen/read.

I'd also say to get a leave in conditioner. They've helped me a lot too. The spay kind are a lot easier than anything else. It's a Ten has a really really nice one I have tried.

Another thing, lol I apparently talk a lot, is to sleep with your hair in a loose braid. This will help your hair not break, get tangled and all kinds of other stuff while you are sleeping. It sounds dumb, but it works

Hope I helped!

love me some Maegan
    Jessym is my relationship twin! ♡