Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Gel Nails

  1. Lime breakfast foot
    bajingo's Avatar
    bajingo is offline
    Lime breakfast foot
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,479

    #1

    Gel Nails

    Advertisements
    Who has them? What do you think? I want to get my nails done again sometime in the next couple weeks. Normally I get acrylics but I'm sick of them falling off.

    I bite my nails really bad and I'm just embarrassed about how it looks


  2. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    GlitterQueen's Avatar
    GlitterQueen is offline
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    12,434
    #2
    i GELS! do you plan to get it over your real nail or a fake nail? either way works fine but when i do i get it over my real nail. the only sucky part is when you go to get them redone (every 3 weeks or so) you have to let your hands soak in warm water and they have the scrape the gel before redoing it. where as acrylics you can just get them filled.


  3. Praying for a Miracle
    Bruingirl's Avatar
    Bruingirl is offline
    Praying for a Miracle
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    755
    #3
    Do you mean gels (like the fake nails similar to acrylic) or the gel polish?
    I get the gel polish regularly, and I love it. It typically lasts two weeks for me - my last set lasted 2.5 weeks.

    Pleeeeeease stick!!!
  4. Lime breakfast foot
    bajingo's Avatar
    bajingo is offline
    Lime breakfast foot
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,479

    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriah View Post
    i GELS! do you plan to get it over your real nail or a fake nail? either way works fine but when i do i get it over my real nail. the only sucky part is when you go to get them redone (every 3 weeks or so) you have to let your hands soak in warm water and they have the scrape the gel before redoing it. where as acrylics you can just get them filled.
    If I get them over my real nail is it just like...gel over my shorty nail and thats it?

    I don't understand how they work really


  5. Praying for a Miracle
    Bruingirl's Avatar
    Bruingirl is offline
    Praying for a Miracle
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    755
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by bajingo View Post
    If I get them over my real nail is it just like...gel over my shorty nail and thats it?

    I don't understand how they work really
    I get the gel over my short natural nails. It goes on like nail polish and then is set under a UV light.

    Pleeeeeease stick!!!
  6. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Whitla's Avatar
    Whitla is offline
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    25,558
    Blog Entries
    2
    #6
    i think i'm gonna try gel nails tomorrow night. my acrylics turn kinda yellowish after a week or two and i've heard the gel nails look nicer longer.




  7. Lime breakfast foot
    bajingo's Avatar
    bajingo is offline
    Lime breakfast foot
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,479

    #7
    So I should probably stop biting for a while and let my nails grow out a bit if I want gels?


  8. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    GlitterQueen's Avatar
    GlitterQueen is offline
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    12,434
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by bajingo View Post
    So I should probably stop biting for a while and let my nails grow out a bit if I want gels?
    for acrylics you can get the solar gel or whatever. i'm not sure if it's the same process as the gel polish.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •