Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Clothes shopping/Fashion rant

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Grumpy Clothes shopping/Fashion rant

Advertisements
    Just a personal fashion rant. You don't have to agree, but I'm pissy, possibly PMSing (since you-know-who should be showing up) and just plain frustrated.

So I love how I get emails about discounts from stores like Macy's and all. Awesome. Fabulous. But WAI O WAI are the clothes so sh*tty?? I feel like no matter what store I go into now, I have to shop in the Juniors Dept. and when I do, all the clothes make me look like a 12 year old club whore.

I consider myself a classy dresser. Do I like to show a little bit of cleavage? Yes, but tastefully. Do I like to show a little leg? Yes, but TASTEFULLY. Why are all the dresses I find above the knee and crotch high AND boobies near to falling out. First of all, is that how we REALLY want our young teenage daughters looking like and second of all, is showing off your whats-gone-sour and happy mountains all that necessary? What kind of message are you wanting to send out to people??? Unless you are trying to show off the good for a one night stand at the club while having some strange man's penis rub up against your butt on the dance floor or working the street corner, it's not necessary.

But hey, who am I to judge? I just don't want to hear a girl whine about how people treat her like a sex object while she's wearing a barely there outfit with "Enjoy C*ck" printed on the bust of her top that barely covers the nips. I firmly believe in dressing the way you want to be treated.

Then a girl friend of mine says "Check out this site! They have some really cute outfits that you'd like!" And the first thing I see is:

Really...? REALLY...? About 85 - 90% of the clothes look like that All I'd be missing are the booty shorts that say "Juicy" on the a** of 'em then I'll be ready to shop "fashionably" at the local Walmart.

Whatever happened to looking cute? Classy? BEAUTIFUL? I know they are out there, but it's so hard to see the many gorgeous outfits that are out there when it's engulfed in cheap trash. I tell ya, if Style Network still had Fashion Court on the air, you KNOW the vast majority of those that wear this garbage would be sentenced to a head-to-toe make over.

*beath* Okay! Rant over
    Last edited by danika.; 05-08-2012 at 03:40 PM. Reason: typos galore!

FaceSpace
    Instagramy Goodness

AmandaA is my wifey-cakes ~ katebugg07 is my mistress

2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Im all about classy dressing, but idk that I have ever seen ad's with clothes like that for places like macys... I know they sell stuff like that in the store, but its generally supposed to be worn with a blouse or something... thats just, wow.

I started shopping at places like NY&Company... classy and affordable!
  3. Senior Member
    Agreed. I was discussing this with KatyP and Briannanoel last night. I have to have my mom get clothes for me up north at the Salvation Army just so I dont walk out of the house looking like one of the prostitutes on 10th St.

I went to the Goodwill here the other day and swear to goodness almost every shirt looked like this.

Google Image Result for http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Prue-charmed-40639_300_380.jpg

“It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.”
    ― Rose Kennedy
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by His♥PITA View Post
    Im all about classy dressing, but idk that I have ever seen ad's with clothes like that for places like macys... I know they sell stuff like that in the store, but its generally supposed to be worn with a blouse or something... thats just, wow.

I started shopping at places like NY&Company... classy and affordable!
    Macy's hasn't gotten to THAT level just yet, but the dresses are starting become more and more short cut and the boobies are coming up for air. I would be afraid to wear some of these dresses because if I bend over, the moon will be coming out early for all to see.

And that was what I thought when I first saw the vest until I saw what else they were selling. It's just plain horrible.

And I do love me some NY & Company, but I have a hard time finding stuff that fits me right without me looking like I'm sneaking into mommy's closet.

FaceSpace
    Instagramy Goodness

5. Senior Member
    Yeah, that's pretty ridiculous. I find myself shopping more and more in the women's sections. Why do you feel you need to shop in juniors?
    Camster is the best wifey ever
  6. Senior Member
    its so bad when i love my legs but i have to be so careful what i put on them. they dont make long shorts anymore it seems. and the "long" shorts now with my legs make them look even shorter. and you can forget most dresses. i am embracing the maxi dress this summer
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by KickDrumHeart View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty ridiculous. I find myself shopping more and more in the women's sections. Why do you feel you need to shop in juniors?
    I tend to venture to the Juniors Dept because many of the Women's clothes are too big or they just are too matronly looking. I don't think I'm that tiny, but according to the Women's Dept. I am the size of a teenage girl. So I'll head to the Juniors Dept. thinking I'll find something cute or something that will fit, but all I see is:

I like dresses like this:

I'll throw a nice lightweight cardigan over it and I'm good to go! I do a lot of my shopping online now, but even then I have trouble. Saw and fell in love with this dress, the size chart for Nine West says the bust should be fairly snug for the size I ordered. I got the dress and it's too big.

I think I should give up trying save money on inexpensive items and just spend the $50+ bucks on a simple top. At least I would know that it'll fit.

Maybe I'm measuring myself wrong and I'm smaller than I think I am. I just can't win

FaceSpace
    Instagramy Goodness

8. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Yeah I hate this too. I went dress shopping yesterday and was SO mad by the end of it. They make dresses for midgets I swear. Every "knee" length dress didn't even cover my butt
  9. Senior Member
    ugh and whats even worse is actually seeing young girls wearing stuff like that.
    you will never see my belly showing unless im in a bathing suit
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGitsDANIKA View Post
    I tend to venture to the Juniors Dept because many of the Women's clothes are too big or they just are too matronly looking. I don't think I'm that tiny, but according to the Women's Dept. I am the size of a teenage girl. So I'll head to the Juniors Dept. thinking I'll find something cute or something that will fit, but all I see is:
    Oh I see.. Yeah I shop in juniors sometimes, but I rarely find dresses that flatter me. I really like H&M, they have some professional looking clothing. Do they have one where you are? Also, maybe Target?
    Camster is the best wifey ever
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast