Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kays

1. Senior Member

Kays

Advertisements
    Has anyone had a good experience with jewelry from Kays??

I keep hearing such horror stories about it and it makes me nervous because my engagement ring is from Kay's.
    Double Ring Proposal 10/5/2011 made Augusta my MSOS wifey
    skp is my rockin' Cali pal
    No more ticker!!! Deployment #2 is over
  2. Senior Member
    I have had plenty of good experiences with Kays. My wedding ring is from there. I also have a bracelet and diamond earrings from there also. I have had my pots redone on my earrings since I lost a back and they didn't have the correct one to replace it.

I also let them re-dip my engagement ring when the white gold was wearing off. I didn't buy my original engagement ring through them but I refuse to do business with the store that we bought my original engagement ring through (ben bridge).
  3. 021409<3
    021409<3
    I've never had an issue with them. I've had to send my ring out several times (a tiny side diamond fell out once, having it resized, having it replated, having it soldered, etc) and they've always gotten it back to me in a timely manner and as good as new. The stories are making me nervous too :/
  4. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Yes and no.

Reason I say yes: My aunt got me a bracelet for Christmas about 3 years ago. When the clasp broke I took it to Kays , and they fixed it by the next day. So I didn't have to wait long at all which I liked, because I hate waiting in makes me anxious. Lol Then they even polished it free for me which got rid of a few small scratches it had on it. So I was very happy with the service I got for that.

Reason I say no: They screwed up my grandmother's ring that she had given me in her will. I took it there to get a new diamond put in because the old one fell out, and the idiots re-sized it and stuck a ruby in it. It was a "mix up" so someone else's ring also got screwed up, but not quiet as badly as mine. They re-sized it so small it wouldn't even fit on my pinkie finger. So I ended up being fully refunded and took it else where. I then had the new jeweler put the diamond in for me, but they couldn't fix the size of the ring much. So I have it now sitting in a jewelry box at my dad's house hoping that if DD has skinny fingers when she's older she can wear it.(Although, it almost fits her ring finger now and she's only 4).. I may pick it up on our move to Florida, and just wear it around my neck.
    Signature removed due to size.
  5. Sesa Wo Suban
    Sesa Wo Suban
    I have had nothing but wonderful experiences at Kay. I have bought 6 rings from there. I have taken my rings in to be re-sized, soldered together and unsoldered, and I have them re-rhodium plated and deep cleaned every 6 months. I have also used multiple stores, so this wasn't a one-time deal.
  6. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!

DH and I bought me a right hand ring from there and I haven't had problems. I also bought a necklace from there and no problems with it.
  7. Senior Member
    I sent my pearl earrings there to be repaired because one fell off the post. They gave it back to me after it was repaired and it broke right off a few days later. I took it back, asking them to repair it again but without charge and they refused. I told them that they didn't fix it the first time and that I was not going to pay for work that they didn't do right the first time. Long story short I had to talk to a few managers and they ended up repairing it again for free. It fell off again a week or so after the repair and I vowed never to go back. I got it repaired by a local jeweler and it's been fine ever since!
    No more countdown! He's home!!

"We don't cry because we are weak, but because we have been strong for too long"
  8. Senior Member
    Me: Germany - Him: other side of the world

I wanted to start a similar thread after reading poor jellybeanerr's ring thread... So now I'm stalking this one
    PCS time is getting closer. Let our Europe adventures begin!
  9. Senior Member

I'm just like I would hate for anything to happen to my rings. I'm already paranoid about having sent my rings in to get resized and I'm just like super nervous!
    Double Ring Proposal 10/5/2011 made Augusta my MSOS wifey
    skp is my rockin' Cali pal
    No more ticker!!! Deployment #2 is over
  10. Senior Member
    Me: Germany - Him: other side of the world

Quote Originally Posted by Starsinthesky View Post

I'm just like I would hate for anything to happen to my rings. I'm already paranoid about having sent my rings in to get resized and I'm just like super nervous!
    Exactly, me too! Usually when I have to get rings re-sized or anything I just drop them off at one of our local jewelry stores here ( we got one that is amazing and they are super nice) cause then I can drop it off and they fix it right there. Zero chance of it getting lost. I know my luck, which is why I am always so paranoid
    PCS time is getting closer. Let our Europe adventures begin!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast