Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Splitting fingernails

1. Senior Member

Splitting fingernails

Advertisements
    Help! One of my nails is splitting non-stop. And it's not horizontally across but vertically up and down. In the absolute center of the nail too. I keep trimming it, filing it down; that doesn't seem to help. I've put on coats and coats of Sally Hansen Grow Strong and even normal nail polish. Just keeps snagging on everything and won't stop splitting.
    Any ideas to mend it or keep it from going further?
    "You will never completely be at home again because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of knowing and loving people in more than one place."

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Me: Nor Cal... Him: the dusty side of the world </3
    Trim your nail, buff it out until it's pretty smooth, and put super glue on it. It should seal it up better and longer than the nail polish. Just trim it as it gets a little longer, buff it out again, and apply more super glue if it's still cracked. And hopefully it will grow out long enough to just trim the splitting part off.

Good luck!!

DB: "Hey woman, listen up. I love you. Now shut up and kiss me."
    Me: "What sparked that sudden outburst?!"
    DB: "I just love you. You are beautiful. You are sweet. And you are MY baby. And I miss you."

Nickelknack is my wifey
    EverlastingLove and crimson_heart07 are my bestest buds!
  3. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    I had that SAME issue there was always a crack in the middle of my thumb nail, and then there was always one in the middle of my middle finger. It hurt SO bad once when I caught my nail and my nail split. All my nails were supper weak though too if I tried to grow them out they'd split,chip, bend, and snap.

Anyways I just upped my milk intake, and started taking the these.

Took about a month or so but I saw huge improvements. I no longer have the random chipped/cracked nails for no reason at all. As far as mending it there really isn't anything you can do till the damaged part grows out. You can always do what I did I just used a nail strengthener, and then painted them so no one could see my jacked up nails.

ETA: Oh and something else I used was a sealer it helps add that extract strength to the nail that is damaged. That way you're less likely to have it split worse which is extremely painful.

This is exactly what I used I worked lifting 5-100pound dogs so weak nails were not fun while having that job! This helped though.

Amazon.com: 1 Sally Hansen Liquid Fiberglass Nail Sealer Adds Strenghth to Natural Nails: Health & Personal Care
    Signature removed due to size.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMikeyBear View Post
    I had that SAME issue there was always a crack in the middle of my thumb nail, and then there was always one in the middle of my middle finger. It hurt SO bad once when I caught my nail and my nail split. All my nails were supper weak though too if I tried to grow them out they'd split,chip, bend, and snap.

Anyways I just upped my milk intake, and started taking the these.

Took about a month or so but I saw huge improvements. I no longer have the random chipped/cracked nails for no reason at all. As far as mending it there really isn't anything you can do till the damaged part grows out. You can always do what I did I just used a nail strengthener, and then painted them so no one could see my jacked up nails.

ETA: Oh and something else I used was a sealer it helps add that extract strength to the nail that is damaged. That way you're less likely to have it split worse which is extremely painful.

This is exactly what I used I worked lifting 5-100pound dogs so weak nails were not fun while having that job! This helped though.

Amazon.com: 1 Sally Hansen Liquid Fiberglass Nail Sealer Adds Strenghth to Natural Nails: Health & Personal Care
    Ooh I'm gunna try both those items! I'd been thinking about the supplement.
    And I'm such a klutz, that I'm often jamming my fingers, smashing them, bending them back too far, etc.
    "You will never completely be at home again because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of knowing and loving people in more than one place."