Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Why does my hair do this?

1. Senior Member

Why does my hair do this?

Advertisements
    I got my hair dyed darker and cut shorter about a month ago... ever since, it seems to be really oily. I bought the Vive Pro shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair. After I wash it, I put very little heat protectant in it, then dry and style it. It feels sticky immediately. It's oily and looks stringy. Especially at the back of my head and around the nape of my neck.

I don't understand.. I've always had really dry hair. Since I've noticed the extra oiliness, I've tried to really massage in the shampoo, but it doesn't seem to help. Do you think its the Vive products? I'm so confused!
    Camster is the best wifey ever
  2. <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3
    Mine's been super oily since I did mine dark as well!! I use the garnier clean green stuff now, and its gotten less gross!
  3. ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    It might be the vive! Try using a clarifying shampoo once in a while to get out the yucky stuff really well. Also using a little bit of dry shampoo or baby powder on days when it's seeming oily can help eat up the oils in you hair. Since it's dark, using a dry shampoo's probably best, just because the baby powder can show up. Tresemme has one thats only like 3.50 that works great!

love me some Maegan
    Jessym is my relationship twin! ♡
  4. Senior Member
    Clarifying shampoo is a good idea... I guess I was worried it would strip the color. I actually just sprayed some Suave dry shampoo on it and it helped a bit, I just feel ridiculous using it after I JUST washed my hair, ya know?

Thanks for the suggestions ladies!
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I would guess its the products... maybe the combo your using just doesn't jive with your natural oils... you know? Do you condition your whole head? Only conditioning your ends (or lower half of your hair, avoiding your scalp) would help a bit! And I haven't found a heat protective spray that has done its job and not made my hair greasy... so that could be the culprit, too!

I would say... switch it up, try something different or stop using what you've got and see if the results change! Best of luck!
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by br33 View Post
    I would guess its the products... maybe the combo your using just doesn't jive with your natural oils... you know? Do you condition your whole head? Only conditioning your ends (or lower half of your hair, avoiding your scalp) would help a bit! And I haven't found a heat protective spray that has done its job and not made my hair greasy... so that could be the culprit, too!

I would say... switch it up, try something different or stop using what you've got and see if the results change! Best of luck!
    Thanks! Yeah, I'm thinking it's the products. I definitely make sure to only condition my ends... that's something I'm really good about.

I will try using a different shampoo/conditioner to see if that works!
  7. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!
    it might just be how it looks, honestly. darker hair = way more noticeable dirtyness. seems backwards but it's true. i can't keep my hair all dark because it's thin-ish and looks like crap like ten hours after showering.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by br33 View Post

Thanks! Yeah, I'm thinking it's the products. I definitely make sure to only condition my ends... that's something I'm really good about.

I will try using a different shampoo/conditioner to see if that works!
  9. Moderator

When you dye your hair, it can dry it out, causing your scalp to produce more oil than it normally would to compensate for the lost moisture. I would recommend using hydrating products, personally.

That's not professionally-backed advice or anything, it's just what works for me.