Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gel/Shellac Manicure

1. AKA USAFgfChels
    AKA USAFgfChels

Gel/Shellac Manicure

Advertisements
    Has anyone had one or done one? My friend had hers done and its all she does now. Its about 25 at a salon here. But its supposed to last 2 weeks or more. I just can't have fake nails at work, but I like painting mine, it just never lasts. It always ends up chipping or peeling off a day later. So this sounds like it would be great. I just wanted to get a few opinions first. TIA!!
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    yes its amazing!! i hate fake nails and i like how long and natural mine are. i suggest you give it a try!
    mine is still on from 3 weeks ago and looks good
    Vmigirl & missmay are my wifies!

DH is out of the Marines and now I'm joining the military!
    Excited to see what the next few years hold for us

3. 021409<3
    021409<3
    I just had mine done on Friday. It's pretty and has held up pretty well. I'm a cashier and my regular nail polish would never even make it through one shift. This stuff hasn't chipped at all. My only complaint would be that the manicurist didn't paint it all the way down to the cuticles and my nails apparently grow kinda fast, because I'm noticing a lot of grow out already. Oh well though I suppose, I still like it and would do it again.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I love Shellac I'm like a walking advertisement for it It lasts a while and doesn't screw up my nails like solar nails do.
  5. AKA USAFgfChels
    AKA USAFgfChels

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Ashley View Post
    I just had mine done on Friday. It's pretty and has held up pretty well. I'm a cashier and my regular nail polish would never even make it through one shift. This stuff hasn't chipped at all. My only complaint would be that the manicurist didn't paint it all the way down to the cuticles and my nails apparently grow kinda fast, because I'm noticing a lot of grow out already. Oh well though I suppose, I still like it and would do it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by USMCgf1 View Post
    yes its amazing!! i hate fake nails and i like how long and natural mine are. i suggest you give it a try!
    mine is still on from 3 weeks ago and looks good
    Yay!! That makes me feel better about it!! I'm setting my appointment for tomorrow. Thanks ladies!
    Do they have a limited amount of colors?
  6. Senior Member
    I had it done in the fall...totally loved it...would keep doing it if we could afford it...I love that it didn't chip...it is however a PITA to get off
  7. AKA USAFgfChels
    AKA USAFgfChels

Quote Originally Posted by HeartShapedBox View Post
    I love Shellac I'm like a walking advertisement for it It lasts a while and doesn't screw up my nails like solar nails do.
    Oh good, I dislike how messed up my nails are after the fake nails come off! I'm so excited now!!
  8. AKA USAFgfChels
    AKA USAFgfChels

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyMama View Post
    I had it done in the fall...totally loved it...would keep doing it if we could afford it...I love that it didn't chip...it is however a PITA to get off
    I heard it wasn't bad to get off, well from what I read they say it isn't. Thanks for the heads up. Better to hear it from people instead of the company or business!
  9. Senior Member
    I like the fact that I can't chip it or mess it up. I don't like HOW it's been taken off though. One salon took the Dremel/drill thing and drilled it off my nails! I wasn't wearing fake nails, mind you, they were my own natural nails. That really f-ed up my nails, made them VERY thin. Took a long while to get them grown back thick.

The other time, they soaked them in Acetone. Fine, but then she scraped and scraped. That kinda did a number on my nails too. So I'm torn, like the long wearing-don't like the removal.
    "You will never completely be at home again because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of knowing and loving people in more than one place."

10. AKA USAFgfChels
    AKA USAFgfChels

Oh dear that worries me that its such a PITA to get off. Maybe I'll see how they remove it before I get it.done.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast