Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: At home hair color?

1. Senior Member

At home hair color?

Advertisements
    What brands of boxed hair color do you like best? I'd like to try coloring my hair at home, since going to salon is just too $$$.
    My natural color is red (strawberry blonde) and I'd like to stick with it (maybe go a shade darker or lighter) When I look in stores, there's just not many good RED colors.
    Any good online places to order color??
    "You will never completely be at home again because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of knowing and loving people in more than one place."

2. Senior Member
    Have you tired sally's beauty supply? I always have good luck there
  3. Senior Member
    I liked garnier, which fades after the first couples washes, but lasts otherwise. Makes your hair super soft

4. Senior Member
    Red is a really hard color to do with box dye. Try Sallys and mixing it yourself or have you thought of going to a beauty school and having it done? Way cheaper than a salon.
    Don't judge someone just because they sin differently than you.

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savanna View Post
    Red is a really hard color to do with box dye. Try Sallys and mixing it yourself or have you thought of going to a beauty school and having it done? Way cheaper than a salon.
    I have been to the beauty school here and I dont like what they did and it took WAY too long
    "You will never completely be at home again because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of knowing and loving people in more than one place."

6. Senior Member
    I will only color at home. I use red quite often. And unless they ask and I tell them I do it at home no one can tell the difference.

My favorite brands are:
    Garnier Nutrisse Haircolor, John Freida Precision Foam Colour, L'Oreal Sublime Mousse.

I fully believe (having never seen a difference) that the stuff you get at a salon and the stuff you can buy in a store are the same, with the exception that the salons buy mass amounts and everything separately. I actually never got an answer on the difference when I asked an some people in the industry.