Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: my turn for hair help!

1. I'm still Jennie from the block....
    I'm still Jennie from the block....

Help my turn for hair help!

Advertisements
    Well I figured that since I am not working right now I wont be able to afford to keep my highlights & will be coloring my own hair now. I I used to do it all the time back in the day before I fell in love with having 2 toned hair

So I am attaching the best picture I could find showing my current color (ignore the red eye that I always seem to get lol). I need help picking a color to do. I just am worried about covering the highlights. I don't mind if they come though the new color. I just don't want to pick something & the lighter parts look horrible compared to the normal parts if that makes sense...

I'm also on the fence between a more"fun" color (like a cranberry, plum or something like that) or a normal color. So any suggestions will be appreciated & pictures even better!

He's my picture (hate taking pictures ugg)

2. I'm still Jennie from the block....

no suggestions?

3. Moderator

I think you should go a couple of shades lighter to bring summer on early. Would be really pretty, and your existing highlights would still blend in nicely!

You look lovely, even with the mild red-eye.
  4. I'm still Jennie from the block....

Quote Originally Posted by Loving View Post
    I think you should go a couple of shades lighter to bring summer on early. Would be really pretty, and your existing highlights would still blend in nicely!

You look lovely, even with the mild red-eye.
    Thanks! So I just have to pick a color a couple shades lighter & developer correct? I wouldn't have to bleach my hair 1st right? I want to avoide bleaching cause I don't want to damage my hair too much (I know coloring does damage no matter what but the less damage the better lol).
    Maybe like a cinnamon color?

Thanks so much for the complement too, I HATE taking pictures

5. Moderator

No, you definitely don't have to bleach it to go a couple of shades lighter! Just find one that has the "before and after" swatches on the back, with a before that looks like your current shade. Of course, I also think you could go a couple of shades darker and be lovely as well! I think I would stay away from anything super reddish though- maintenance of reds is pretty annoying.
  6. I'm still Jennie from the block....

Quote Originally Posted by Loving View Post
    No, you definitely don't have to bleach it to go a couple of shades lighter! Just find one that has the "before and after" swatches on the back, with a before that looks like your current shade. Of course, I also think you could go a couple of shades darker and be lovely as well! I think I would stay away from anything super reddish though- maintenance of reds is pretty annoying.
    omg isn't it? I'm always drawn to red colors. Just love them but yeah the upkeep is annoying. For a color that is one of the hardest tones to get out of hair it sure fades fast!

The hard part for me is going to be having no highlights.I tried awhile back & hated it. Felt like plain jane blah looking. But I went closer to my natural color that time. I'm thinking if I go a bit lighter it might not be as bad. Thanks for the help!

BTW I've loved all the colors you have done! I was thinking of doing something like that but not sure I can carry it off as well as you & lilinkgirl my ds would love it though LOL