Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Foundation questions! High-end vs. drugstore

1. Vandelay Industries
    Vandelay Industries

Foundation questions! High-end vs. drugstore

Advertisements
    So, I have a Sephora giftcard from Christmas and I'm trying to decide what to buy. I've never tried a 'high-end' foundation before (besides bare minerals) so I'm thinking that might be an option. But, I am pretty content with my drugstore foundation too, so idk if I should go with something I don't have already.

Any recommendations? I need pretty heavy coverage, and I like liquid and mousses over powders. I have very sensitive skin though that's very acne prone. The only drug store products I've ever used (and I've tried a lot) that haven't made me break out are Maybelline Dream Mousse and Neutrogena Healthy Skin.

Or....is there not much of a quality difference between high-end and drugstore? Would it be a waste of my giftcard?

I'm honestly clueless when it comes to foundations! Help!

TIA!
  2. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

I notice a huge difference . Personally I find that Mary Kay liquid foundation works the best for coverage and look and they have it for all skin types.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I suck at makeup, so I'm no help.

I'm just threadjacking to say that I really miss having a sephora store around!
  4. Senior Member
    I prefer high end foundation over drugstore, by a lot. Drugstore foundations never match my skin and they don't seem to last as long either.

My favorite foundations are Make Up For Ever HD and Face & Body. I use Face & Body daily but it doesn't have much coverage, it's definitely very light. HD has medium-full coverage and it looks really natural on the skin, and the HD concealer is the best thing I've ever used for blemishes.

I've also heard good things about Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet+ and Nars sheer glow, but I haven't tried either of them.

If you decide to go for Bare Minerals again, I recommend the matte formula if you haven't tried it yet! It looks so much more natural and it lacks the bismuth ingredient so many people are allergic to.
  5. Vandelay Industries
    Vandelay Industries
    Quote Originally Posted by HisByzantineLove View Post
    I notice a huge difference . Personally I find that Mary Kay liquid foundation works the best for coverage and look and they have it for all skin types.
    Hmm...I don't think they carry Mary Kay at our Sephora...
    Quote Originally Posted by Katyp View Post
    I suck at makeup, so I'm no help.

I'm just threadjacking to say that I really miss having a sephora store around!
    Shop online woman!!!
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

[QUOTE=augusta;8545630]Hmm...I don't think they carry Mary Kay at our Sephora...

Shop online woman!!![/QUOTE]

I do, but I really miss the experience of trying before buying, and of being snubbed by the attractive workers because I'm wearing old sweats.
  7. Vandelay Industries
    Vandelay Industries
    Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    I prefer high end foundation over drugstore, by a lot. Drugstore foundations never match my skin and they don't seem to last as long either.

My favorite foundations are Make Up For Ever HD and Face & Body. I use Face & Body daily but it doesn't have much coverage, it's definitely very light. HD has medium-full coverage and it looks really natural on the skin, and the HD concealer is the best thing I've ever used for blemishes.

I've also heard good things about Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet+ and Nars sheer glow, but I haven't tried either of them.

If you decide to go for Bare Minerals again, I recommend the matte formula if you haven't tried it yet! It looks so much more natural and it lacks the bismuth ingredient so many people are allergic to.
    Ahh thanks so much for the info! I checked out Make Up For Ever products and liked them, don't think I'll ever be going back to bare minerals though.
  8. Vandelay Industries
    Vandelay Industries
    [QUOTE=Katyp;8545638]
    Quote Originally Posted by augusta View Post
    Hmm...I don't think they carry Mary Kay at our Sephora...

Shop online woman!!![/QUOTE]

I do, but I really miss the experience of trying before buying, and of being snubbed by the attractive workers because I'm wearing old sweats.
    But all the people at the Rivertown one are ugly....
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    honestly, I would just continue with the foundation that you've found that works best for you and get something you don't have or something special.

When I buy high end makeup, I usually try to get nice eye makeup, but then again, I'm obsessed with eye makeup lol I never use just one pallet (the color coordinated ones), I ALWAYS have to make my own combo that turns out amazing.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

[QUOTE=augusta;8545643]
    Quote Originally Posted by Katyp View Post
    But all the people at the Rivertown one are ugly....
    Sweet. Then it's safe for me to stop in next time I'm in town

On topic though, if you need heavy coverage, does bare minerals work well for you. I have crappy skin as of late (eh, who am I kidding, as per usual) and it just doesn't cut it. I use it in conjunction with liquid, but maybe I'm going about it all wrong?
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast