Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Hair Curlers

1. Transfusion Service Tech
    Transfusion Service Tech

Hair Curlers

Advertisements
    I don't >think< I saw a post about this already, but I'm curious what everyone uses? Any tried and true products you'd recommend?

I've seen reviews where people complain that the pins don't stay in or the clips don't work well. Any products I shouldn't waste my money on? I don't want anything too pricey. I just want a way to curl my hair without a curling iron. I'm too lazy for that. I just want to put them up, go about my business until it's time to take them out.

Any products you'd recommend to prevent heat damage or keep the curl longer? My hair is stick straight and very smooth. Little to no texture.
  2. Moderator

I've got super straight hair as well, and I've tried a few different things- the ones I've found work best for me, regardless of brand, are hot rollers with porcelain cores. I usually just comb a teeny bit of water into my hair first and then put them in, leave them in until they're totally cool, take them out, mist some hairspray on, wait about 10 minutes, and then finger-comb through to separate.

It's the best I can get my hair to curl and it's not always as much as I want, but it's as good at is gets for me.

ETA: Er... ceramic, not porcelain.
  3. Transfusion Service Tech
    Transfusion Service Tech
    Thanks. Hopefully more people can post to get a varied answer. My hair is still maybe too short for curling but I figure hair curlers would get higher on my head (closer to scalp) than me using a curling iron or even a straightener.
  4. Senior Member
    I rag my hair, it's a little more time intensive, but it works well with short and long hair. I usually do it the night before, but will sometimes do it the day of if I know I'm going out at night or something.

Here's my friend on how to rag your hair: On Ragging Your Hair.

5. Classic Bookworm
    Classic Bookworm
    Quote Originally Posted by happenings View Post
    I rag my hair, it's a little more time intensive, but it works well with short and long hair. I usually do it the night before, but will sometimes do it the day of if I know I'm going out at night or something.

Here's my friend on how to rag your hair: On Ragging Your Hair.
    I do the same thing with socks. Some times i'll do pin curls. I don't like to use curling irons because I'm to impatient to stand in the mirror, but i can do the socks and pin curls while watching tv. There's different ways to do them depending on the type of curl you want.
    You can youtube heatless curls. and find a lot of videos on how to do it.

SailorsBunny is my amazing Wifey
  6. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

For extra body, I use Velcro rollers (from Walmart). I don't get curl, but it's great for a little boost.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.