Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Stupid question...

1. Senior Member

Question Stupid question...

Advertisements
    I live in the UK, and when I was in the US at Christmas, DF and I got new clothes. I worked out I wore size 4 jeans, but I've just been looking at ball dresses online, and I noticed the sizes were odd numbers (1,3,5...). How does that work? Is it like a size 5 is just a tiny bit bigger than a size 4? Or is it a completely different system all together?

Sorry, I know I worded that really badly, but I didn't know how else to write it in words. KWIM?

Thanks in advance.
  2. ♥Live♥Laugh♥Love♥
    ♥Live♥Laugh♥Love♥
    Do they have, like a size chart that you can look at? Sometimes if they do you can see what the bust, hips, and waist measurements are. Other then that I don't think I'm being helpful! Hope you find a dress.
  3. Moderator

Odd numbered sizes are Juniors sizes. The clothes may fit slightly differently than their even-numbered neighbours. I've found that it's almost impossible to compare consistently due to brand/size disparity, unfortunately.

I would definitely go by measurement, if possible.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loving View Post
    Odd numbered sizes are Juniors sizes. The clothes may fit slightly differently than their even-numbered neighbours. I've found that it's almost impossible to compare consistently due to brand/size disparity, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by xhis_anchorx View Post
    Do they have, like a size chart that you can look at? Sometimes if they do you can see what the bust, hips, and waist measurements are. Other then that I don't think I'm being helpful! Hope you find a dress.
    Thanks. I would go by measurements, but I was just curious why odd numbers where used.
  5. Senior Member
    I would look at measurements too, if you can, because I have also found that ball dresses/gowns can be completely different sizes than I am used to wearing. Sorry, that's frustrating I know!
  6. Senior Member

I think junior sizes run a bit narrower, while the others allow more room for hips lol. That's just my experience.
  7. Senior Member
    Waitwaitwait... Whats a junior size? Like for children?
  8. Moderator

Not necessarily for children- it's generally marketed for teens, but the clothes are just made for a different body type. You're more likely to find some things that are a bit "juvenile" in the juniors section, but you can find lots of things that are perfectly mature as well. It just depends on what fits your body.
  9. Senior Member
    Not necessarily for children- it's generally marketed for teens, but the clothes are just made for a different body type. You're more likely to find some things that are a bit "juvenile" in the juniors section, but you can find lots of things that are perfectly mature as well. It just depends on what fits your body.
    Oh, thank you. You really helped
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by giraffemailme View Post
    I live in the UK, and when I was in the US at Christmas, DF and I got new clothes. I worked out I wore size 4 jeans, but I've just been looking at ball dresses online, and I noticed the sizes were odd numbers (1,3,5...). How does that work? Is it like a size 5 is just a tiny bit bigger than a size 4? Or is it a completely different system all together?

Sorry, I know I worded that really badly, but I didn't know how else to write it in words. KWIM?

Thanks in advance.
    Odd sizes are jrs. even sizes are ladies/women. It can be hard to sort out what the proper size is. Your best bet is to look at sites that have the sizes in the numbers you understand.