Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hair Growth

1. You don't just put me on cloud 9... I live there now.. DB <3
    You don't just put me on cloud 9... I live there now.. DB <3

Hello Hair Growth

Advertisements
    Hello Everyone! I'm trying to find some ways to help my hair grow out while DB is deployed. I am very guilty of blowdryign and flat ironing my hair every day, but I do use protector spray, I don't know if that has anythign to do with it. If anyone knows of any shampoo's or vitamins that are supposed to help, I'm up for trying pretty much anything! Thanks!!!
  2. Meow.
    Meow.
    Getting your hair trimmed to cut off the dead ends helps hair growth. As for products, I dont know any.
  3. Senior Member
    My hairdresser always recommends the biotin vitamins
  4. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Sense you blow dry and straighten it so much it doesn't really matter what you use because you're frying the heck out of your hair. Vitamins are meant to help with healthy growth but it dose no good against the damage to the hair you're causing. So even vitamins would honestly be just a waste besides to make you yourself healthier if you're not getting the proper vitamins threw your food.. They will benefit your hair and the way it looks though if you cut back on the heat, because well you won't see much if any difference in the damage being done till you stop damaging it.

Only thing I can suggest to use before you blow dry/straighten your hair is to use this. Moroccan Argan Oil hair treatment - 100% Argan Oil (with Vitamin E) seals in shine while protecting and repairing damage from wind, sun, color treatments and perms for ethnic hair. (It's not cheap but a drop of this stuff goes a LONG way you don't use much at all. When you use it like a pea sized amount and work it threw your hair that is perfect no more then that is needed.)

Also, regular hair trims (about once a month or so) will help from you from having just totally frizzed out damaged looking hair. If you wait to long to get trims you can loose as much as 5 inches or MORE just in split ends/destroyed hair. I lost about 6 inches once and it was all due to over straightening my hair(plus I was dying it myself about once a month totally destroyed my own hair.) and going more then 4months without a trim. So I went from having hair to my butt to having hair above my shoulders. It was an adjustment and it made me learn the hard way I'd rather keep healthy looking hair then look like I never brush it because of how frizzy/damaged it was..

Signature removed due to size.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KaylaCameron1123 View Post
    Hello Everyone! I'm trying to find some ways to help my hair grow out while DB is deployed. I am very guilty of blowdryign and flat ironing my hair every day, but I do use protector spray, I don't know if that has anythign to do with it. If anyone knows of any shampoo's or vitamins that are supposed to help, I'm up for trying pretty much anything! Thanks!!!
    healthy diet, keeping your hair healthy as in less heat, keeping dead ends trimmed.

They also have hair, skin and nail vitamins that I know people to have taken and had great results with.
  6. Senior Member
    My stylists recommended I take prenatal vitamins. I've been taking them for a few weeks now - I definitely see a difference in the strength of my hair but I think it's too soon to tell a difference in the length. They also seem to help nail growth and strength...I notice a huge difference in my nails.
  7. H.A.M. since 1987
    H.A.M. since 1987
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LyndsayJ View Post
    My stylists recommended I take prenatal vitamins. I've been taking them for a few weeks now - I definitely see a difference in the strength of my hair but I think it's too soon to tell a difference in the length. They also seem to help nail growth and strength...I notice a huge difference in my nails.
    my best friend is a cosmetologist and would recommend the same thing.

i didn't straighten my hair for probably 2-3 weeks and my hair grew SO much. it's amazing the difference it makes..day and night.
    "..and we're the 3 best friends that anyone could have."
    briannanoel is the best wifey ever!
  8. The army may have my man, but I have his heart.
    The army may have my man, but I have his heart.
    Blog Entries
    To tell you the truth I use to blow-dry and straighten my hair everyday and I stopped right before December and it has grown so much!
  9. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries
    I blow dry my hair (like 1-2 minutes) every other day. That's it though, I don't use any other products on it. Since last March, it has only grown 3 1/2 inches. (I know, because it is still growing back after chemo.) I have yet to buy prenatal vitamins, but I hear those are great for it. I should buy some.... i can't wait to have longer hair.
  10. You don't just put me on cloud 9... I live there now.. DB <3
    You don't just put me on cloud 9... I live there now.. DB <3
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I am going to try to let me hair air dry more often. This semester it will be eaiser for me to do that because my classes arn't too early . Has anyone every tried the horse's mane shampoo & conditioner? I've been told that worse, but you have to switch on and off or your hair will get coarse. Thanks again! [/SIZE]
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast