Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foam hair dye?

1. Moooooo!!
    Moooooo!!

Question Foam hair dye?

Advertisements
    Today I'm going to dye my hair myself for the first time.

I was wondering if anyone has used the foaming dye? Did you like it? Did it work well? Was it easy?

If not, would you recommend me just trying the normal dye myself?

Also what brand and color do you like best? Regardless of whether it's foam or not. I'm looking for a reddish brown color.
  2. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    I'm going to be using foam dye within the next few days to get the highlights out of my hair. My director uses the foam and loves it, but she didn't know the exact brand name. With regular ole runny dye I always used the cheapest dye and it worked just as well as the fifteen dollar boxes for me. I never went too drastic of a color, though. Always keeping it within a reasonable difference in shades. It really depends on what color you are starting out as, though, that what color the box will give you.

be cool.
  3. Moderator

I've used a few brands of foaming dye- Frieda was my absolute, hands-down fave. The color was the prettiest and lasted the longest. The worst was Fat Foam. I like it better than cream color, but of the foams, the color had the worst longevity.

Foam is super easy, and for me it's much much easier to get it all the way through my hair. Even with short hair, I have to get two boxes of cream color, but I only need one box of foam.

I have noticed that for whatever reason the foams turn out darker than I expect them to- that was true for every brand. Not sure if it's true for every person, but it's definitely been the case for me.
  4. Moooooo!!
    Moooooo!!
    I have dark reddish brown hair right now, I was thinking of going maybe a little more red, but I'm nervous about that
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SamiLynn View Post
    I have dark reddish brown hair right now, I was thinking of going maybe a little more red, but I'm nervous about that
    I did Fructis (sp?) true red. It faded ALOT from the first day, so it's not as red as it looks in my picture anymore I got a cream color, but think I'm going to have to go back another box.

I had platinum hair before though, so that might be why.

6. Moooooo!!
    Moooooo!!
    Quote Originally Posted by briannanoel View Post
    I did Fructis (sp?) true red. It faded ALOT from the first day, so it's not as red as it looks in my picture anymore I got a cream color, but think I'm going to have to go back another box.

I had platinum hair before though, so that might be why.
    I have Garnier Chocolate Cherry right now. It was done a while ago so it has grown out. I'm worried that if I try the Sangria color they have, that my roots will turn out bright red and the rest of my hair different tones. I don't know what to do
  7. missing my sanity
    missing my sanity
    Blog Entries

I tried it for the first time....but it was just to cover my gray hairs....damn things were trying to take over

I liked it.

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SamiLynn View Post
    I have Garnier Chocolate Cherry right now. It was done a while ago so it has grown out. I'm worried that if I try the Sangria color they have, that my roots will turn out bright red and the rest of my hair different tones. I don't know what to do
    Well, I can't help you there. My roots were light brown and my hair platinum so the bottom of my head is kind of cherry red and the roots are still dark red

ETA: If you want your roots darker you could always go over it with the nice and easy root touch up box, to make them closer to the rest of your hair if that happens.

9. Moooooo!!
    Moooooo!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Loving View Post
    I've used a few brands of foaming dye- Frieda was my absolute, hands-down fave. The color was the prettiest and lasted the longest. The worst was Fat Foam. I like it better than cream color, but of the foams, the color had the worst longevity.

Foam is super easy, and for me it's much much easier to get it all the way through my hair. Even with short hair, I have to get two boxes of cream color, but I only need one box of foam.

I have noticed that for whatever reason the foams turn out darker than I expect them to- that was true for every brand. Not sure if it's true for every person, but it's definitely been the case for me.
    Thanks! I really want to try the foam because of the easy factor
  10. Senior Member
    I used to use the loreal foam dye but I don't think they make it anymore. I liked it, it was so easy to get through all my hair.

I use garnier fructis whenever I dye my hair though. I like it, my hair is always really shiny and it never feels dry or anything after I dye it. The color seems to last a while too, although it does fade over the initial few washes.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast