Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: In need of serious hair help please!!

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

In need of serious hair help please!!

Advertisements
    I have had dark brown hair my whole life, one time I got blonde highlights in middle school, needless to say, a long time ago

So I would like to maybe go a golden/strawberry blonde? color highlights? But then I think 'why not just stay dark brown?' so I need opinions

Blonde?

Brown?

Other? I really want to try blonde, I'm just worried it'll look horrible. Help!
  2. I'm still Jennie from the block....
    I'm still Jennie from the block....

My suggestion would be to gradually go lighter. Start by getting highlights in your brown hair. Then if you like it try adding more the next time you go. When you have dark hair it is hard to go blonde in one shot. It's damaging to your hair. So if you gradually do it, then your hair will stay healthier.

3. Senior Member
    i would go lighter but not extremely lighter, becareful about reds, if you do a red and later decide to change it... you will have brassy tones unless you do a corrective color.. (which can end up being expensive)

then after going lighter i would suggest lowlights.. with a few color peekaboos if you really want to add a wow factor.. lol.. hope this helps.. lol
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Yeah maybe going blonde would be to much work, I really don't want to spend the money to go gradually blonde, and my hair is a light brown naturally and just looks awful I really want something different though, so maybe dark brown with blue or red highlights? or pink? I have a feeling I'll never decide lol