Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Please help!

1. Banned
    Banned

Help Please help!

Advertisements
    I was told that I need to wear makeup during my interviews by my interviewer. I am trying to figure out the best way to use this advice. I have tried Clinique but I end up looking like an actor in kabuki theater. I tried Bare Minerals (?) and I ended up with a lot of pimples.

What brands of makeup do you recommend for someone who hardly wears makeup and wants to look natural?

Thank you!
  2. MDB
    I really never wear makeup anymore since having DD but when i do i wear clinique and love it!! I use a light liquid foundation with a makeup brush and then bronzer and that is it. It take me about 10minutes to do my makeup when I decide to do it lol.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    that sounds my speed. Her sales pitch was convoluted. Your skin is nice so you can use this liquid and then add this powder I did like the lipstick, which was a relief since I felt guilty for asking for help.
  4. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I don't think it's the brand (aside from a possible skin irritation issue) as much as it is colors and finishes and how you apply them.

I'm sure I could go to the Estee Lauder counter and find makeup that would make me look polished and professional but I could just as easily create a garish and immature look as well, KWIM?

My recommendation would be to set up an appointment and go in and get your makeup done somewhere ... if you tell them you want a conservative professional look, something appropriate for an interview, they will know how to help.
  5. Meow.
    Meow.
    It usually takes me 5-10 minutes to do my makeup. I can do it faster but usually when I try I mess up and it takes me awhile to clean up I just use covergirl products. I have a natural color eyeshadows (browns, dark green, dark purple). Then I put a light purple or a white under my eyebrows. I use eye liner on the bottom and then mascara, concealer and foundation. Sometimes I'll use blush to brighten up. I've always had sensitive skin and would break out or get oily easily.
  6. Banned
    Banned

I that I won't get this right. I when they say "Don't you look great?" and I don't feel I look great. I feel like there's no blending and I look terrifying. You know it's bad when people ask to make sure you didn't buy any of it

I have to get this sorted because I can't go through life worried that someone will say my skin is too dark for their makeup.
  7. MDB
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    I don't think it's the brand (aside from a possible skin irritation issue) as much as it is colors and finishes and how you apply them.

I'm sure I could go to the Estee Lauder counter and find makeup that would make me look polished and professional but I could just as easily create a garish and immature look as well, KWIM?

My recommendation would be to set up an appointment and go in and get your makeup done somewhere ... if you tell them you want a conservative professional look, something appropriate for an interview, they will know how to help.
    maybe play around with the way you apply the make up and the colors used and see if you find something you like. The different types of certain brands all look different once they are on if that makes sense. So it could just be the type of that specific brand that makes it look wrong.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post

This. When I was in high school my mom walked me to the make up counters in Belk, sat me down, and told them to show me how to do my make up so it looked natural. When I got to college, I went back myself and they showed me how to do my make up so it looked professional for interviews and my internships. I've been using their tips and tricks for a while and have looked nice for every occasion.

As a side note, you don't always have to use the big make up counter companies' make up.... I get Neutrogena powder foundation at Target and its cheap, but looks nice.
    Last edited by flpgirl122210; 12-30-2011 at 03:18 AM. Reason: spelling error...
  9. MDB
    Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post

I that I won't get this right. I when they say "Don't you look great?" and I don't feel I look great. I feel like there's no blending and I look terrifying. You know it's bad when people ask to make sure you didn't buy any of it

I have to get this sorted because I can't go through life worried that someone will say my skin is too dark for their makeup.

Have you tried getting it done with a different brand? Like Estee Lauder or Lancome and see if you like it better?
  10. Banned
    Banned
    My friend worked at Estee Lauder and she said to avoid it... but maybe I should try it before deciding.

Has anyone tried Philosophy makeup?
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast