Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: What is your

  1. ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    sjmk1's Avatar
    sjmk1 is offline
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,425
    #1

    What is your

    Advertisements
    Foundation/Face makeup routine?
    What products are you using, how do you apply?

    -I sometimes (I say sometimes, because half the time I forget, then I'm like "oh crap, oh well!") moisturize first.
    -Sometimes I use a face primer, it depends on what I am going to be doing that day/night. I used to use smash box's primer, but thats pricey and I was at target and saw rimmel's primer and tried that out. It's decent. I'm out of it though, Idk what I'll be getting next.
    -I currently use Sonia Kashuk's tinted moisturizer. I just apply it with my fingers, I haven't tried it with a brush yet. But I heard a stifling brush makes it go on nicely, but I don't have one of those.
    -Then I use bronzer. I just got Too Faced Sun Bunny, so I'm still trying to figure out exactly how I like it applied.

    I'm thinking I need to add in a setting powder, do any of you guys have that in your routine?

    love me some Maegan
    Jessym is my relationship twin! ♡
  2. Banned
    magpie's Avatar
    magpie is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Sicily, going to Japan
    Posts
    3,370
    #2


    I use this product most days:




    It's a tinted moisturizer and really fantastic. That's all I wear most days, but If I am going to get dolled up, I wear a hybrid foundation by Estee Lauder. I don't remember what its called, its like a liquid, but its in compact form, so you dab it on. I love it so much. Underneath that I wear this thing from them as well, it's called "Idealist", I got given it. It makes your skin SOOOOOOOO silky smooth I love it. Sometimes I'll add a powder on top of the "liquid" pressed foundation, but not very often. It's meant to replace the need for both.
  3. ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    sjmk1's Avatar
    sjmk1 is offline
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,425
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post


    I use this product most days:




    It's a tinted moisturizer and really fantastic. That's all I wear most days, but If I am going to get dolled up, I wear a hybrid foundation by Estee Lauder. I don't remember what its called, its like a liquid, but its in compact form, so you dab it on. I love it so much. Underneath that I wear this thing from them as well, it's called "Idealist", I got given it. It makes your skin SOOOOOOOO silky smooth I love it. Sometimes I'll add a powder on top of the "liquid" pressed foundation, but not very often. It's meant to replace the need for both.
    I actually saw this product on serphora's website and was interested in it. But I had never tried tinted moisturizer before and wanted something less pricey to test out how I felt about it first.

    How much does it retail for?

    love me some Maegan
    Jessym is my relationship twin! ♡
  4. Banned
    magpie's Avatar
    magpie is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Sicily, going to Japan
    Posts
    3,370
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by sjmk1 View Post
    I actually saw this product on serphora's website and was interested in it. But I had never tried tinted moisturizer before and wanted something less pricey to test out how I felt about it first.

    How much does it retail for?
    I bought it in England, it was cheap. I think it was about 8 pounds... I didn't know sephora carried it though! I'd say like maybe $20 in the US?
  5. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    LoveMikeyBear's Avatar
    LoveMikeyBear is offline
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    25,417
    #5
    I exfoliate and motorize before putting makeup on (I do that anyways every morning and every night. ) I just use Neutrogena products for that. Neutrogena works 100 times better then even prescriptions I've tried so I love it. Then I just put my base on once my face is dry nothing special to how I apply it .

    Then I have clinique acne solutions liquid makeup I use it every time I leave the house.
    Signature removed due to size.
  6. "You'll stay with me? Until the very end" HP VII
    amberj's Avatar
    amberj is offline
    "You'll stay with me? Until the very end" HP VII
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    4,946
    #6
    For school I pretty much never wear anything on my face, maybe a little powder if anything if my skin looks or feels oily.

    If I'm going full on with my foundation and want lots of coverage my routine is as follows:

    1. Rimmel primer (by far the best primer I have found that works with my skin and I rarely use moisturizer as my skin is oily, only use if I have any dry spots) Use hands.
    2. Foundation or tinted moisturizer (Elf Tinted Moisturizer, Neutrogena Healthy Skin liquid foundation, Neutrogena Skin Clearing liquid foundation, Covergirl Natureluxe foundation, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation, Maybelline Fit Me foundation, Benefit tinted moisturizer, Rimmel Clean Finish foundation) Applied with a Beauty Blender, Real Techniques stippling brush, or flat foundation brush (generic brand).
    3. Concealer (Revlon Photoready, Maybelline Superstay, Revlon Blemish, Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage, MAC Studio Finish, Rimmel Match Perfection) Use fingers or Real Techniques Deluxe Crease brush.
    4. Set with powder (Maybelline Dream Matte powder, Loreal Infalliable, MAC Invisible set powder, MAC mineralize skinfinish natural, Loreal Luminous powder, Maybelline Fit Me Powder, Neutrogena Skin Clearing powder) Using big fluffy brush.
    5. Blush (NYX, MAC, Generic 10 Blush palette, Illamasqua, ELF) Real Techniques blush brush or generic angled blush brush.
    6. Highlight (NARS albatross, Dior Amber Diamonds, MAC Barestudy Paintpot) Real Techniques Contour Brush or fingers.
    7. If I don't want to use full on foundation I'll use powder/mineral foundation (Revlon one, Bareminerals) Use big powder brush or Real Techniques buffing brush.

    No bronzer for me, unless I'm contouring or doing a look that needs it. I use an estee lauder one or an ELF one.

    I realize that's a lot of stuff, but I like giving people options. Though depending on your skin tone and type may not work for you. I have more combo blemish-prone skin. Oily in the summer and drier/normal in the fall/winter.

    ETA: Depending on how my skin is on that day is how I determine what I will use that day as of recently my skin has been clearing up so I use less products (mostly less concealer or tinted moisturizer rather than a fuller coverage liquid foundation).
  7. ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    sjmk1's Avatar
    sjmk1 is offline
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,425
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by amberj View Post
    For school I pretty much never wear anything on my face, maybe a little powder if anything if my skin looks or feels oily.

    If I'm going full on with my foundation and want lots of coverage my routine is as follows:

    1. Rimmel primer (by far the best primer I have found that works with my skin and I rarely use moisturizer as my skin is oily, only use if I have any dry spots) Use hands.
    2. Foundation or tinted moisturizer (Elf Tinted Moisturizer, Neutrogena Healthy Skin liquid foundation, Neutrogena Skin Clearing liquid foundation, Covergirl Natureluxe foundation, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation, Maybelline Fit Me foundation, Benefit tinted moisturizer, Rimmel Clean Finish foundation) Applied with a Beauty Blender, Real Techniques stippling brush, or flat foundation brush (generic brand).
    3. Concealer (Revlon Photoready, Maybelline Superstay, Revlon Blemish, Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage, MAC Studio Finish, Rimmel Match Perfection) Use fingers or Real Techniques Deluxe Crease brush.
    4. Set with powder (Maybelline Dream Matte powder, Loreal Infalliable, MAC Invisible set powder, MAC mineralize skinfinish natural, Loreal Luminous powder, Maybelline Fit Me Powder, Neutrogena Skin Clearing powder) Using big fluffy brush.
    5. Blush (NYX, MAC, Generic 10 Blush palette, Illamasqua, ELF) Real Techniques blush brush or generic angled blush brush.
    6. Highlight (NARS albatross, Dior Amber Diamonds, MAC Barestudy Paintpot) Real Techniques Contour Brush or fingers.
    7. If I don't want to use full on foundation I'll use powder/mineral foundation (Revlon one, Bareminerals) Use big powder brush or Real Techniques buffing brush.

    No bronzer for me, unless I'm contouring or doing a look that needs it. I use an estee lauder one or an ELF one.

    I realize that's a lot of stuff, but I like giving people options. Though depending on your skin tone and type may not work for you. I have more combo blemish-prone skin. Oily in the summer and drier/normal in the fall/winter.

    ETA: Depending on how my skin is on that day is how I determine what I will use that day as of recently my skin has been clearing up so I use less products (mostly less concealer or tinted moisturizer rather than a fuller coverage liquid foundation).

    can I steal your makeup collection, pretty please!

    love me some Maegan
    Jessym is my relationship twin! ♡
  8. "You'll stay with me? Until the very end" HP VII
    amberj's Avatar
    amberj is offline
    "You'll stay with me? Until the very end" HP VII
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    4,946
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by sjmk1 View Post
    can I steal your makeup collection, pretty please!
    You could, I'm always looking for another excuse to buy more makeup
  9. ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    sjmk1's Avatar
    sjmk1 is offline
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,425
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by amberj View Post
    You could, I'm always looking for another excuse to buy more makeup
    k i'll be over in 10.

    love me some Maegan
    Jessym is my relationship twin! ♡
  10. "You'll stay with me? Until the very end" HP VII
    amberj's Avatar
    amberj is offline
    "You'll stay with me? Until the very end" HP VII
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    4,946
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by sjmk1 View Post
    k i'll be over in 10.
    Well I'm in Hawaii so it may take more than 10 minutes, more like 10 hours
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •