Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yucky highlights...

1. Senior Member

Yucky highlights...

Advertisements
    So I tried at-home highlights last night. BAD idea. My hair is dirty blonde, and I tried a lighter blonde... it looks totally fake. So, I'm thinking about just going darker. How soon can I dye my hair again after I've done highlights? Would the ugly highlights show through if I dyed all of my hair medium brown? Would it be a better idea to go lighter, to a medium blonde?

I NEVER dye my hair, by the way. Obviously

I'm going to take my real estate licensing exam this morning, so I won't reply for a few hours. Thanks for the help!
    Camster is the best wifey ever
  2. Senior Member
    Nevermind then
  3. Senior Member
    I've never died my hair in my life. But I hope it turns out the way you want it!
  4. Banned
    Banned
    alright if you want to go darker I highly suggest going to a salon. Reason being if you dont put a color on with a filler color to "fill in" the blonde you added, it will fade quickly and likely not be the color you want. You will damage your hair more then likely with the box kit color than if you were to buy salon quality color. If you do decide to do it on your own I suggest a going to a sallys and getting a color of your choice but make sure it has some warmth to it...copper, red..etc. That will help fill those highlighted areas. hope that helps!!
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I definitely recommend going to a salon. Coloring your hair again soon after highlighting it can be damaging and they can help you with that at the salon. Also, yeah, if your hair is significantly lighter in some places than others, then it can come out uneven-looking.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

6. Senior Member
    Hmmm, once when I had professional highlights done I HATED how they turned out, but I didn't do anything about it for a few weeks. I ended up coloring my hair a darker brown and it toned down the highlights a lot and made them more natural looking.

I'm not sure about going from light to medium blonde, but I would think the principal still applies? Here's a for ya! I'm sure it's not as bad as you think though
  7. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    I would probably dye it blonde not brown. It's gonna be a PITA to get your natural color back if you go brown. Id go to a salon.
  8. Senior Member
    Thank you all for your responses! It definitely helps!
  9. Senior Member
    I dyed mine after getting red in it I dyed it after like a week or two and the red came through some I hated the way it was dyed so I got a box of home hair dye and did it....
  10. Senior Member
    If you want to go back brown I would just use a demi-permanant color first to fill in the blonde and then go over it with a permanent color. Probably easier to go to a salon though just because it can get complicated and blonde is pretty tricky. Good luck!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast