Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Side bangs

1. Regular Member

Side bangs

Advertisements
    Are they really that annoying?

My hair is starting to bore me, so I need a change. I'm thinking about side bangs, maybe, but every time I being it up I'm told to be VERY sure I want them because they'll end up annoying me in no time. Opinions?

Or any other suggestions. My hair is long, dark, and straight (I straighten it). I don't want to change the color at all, and I don't want to lose the length, but it needs something. I feel like it just lays there
  2. Moderator

To me, the upkeep is annoying, but I have a hard time getting to a stylist frequently enough because of my kiddos. If you can get them trimmed regularly, I don't think they'd be annoying.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Depends on the length. They can be annoying but you get used to it.
  4. ...___...
    ...___...
    I have super long hair and side bangs that are kind of longer......
    .......and I don't think they are annoying! They are long enough to keep in my bun/ponytail when I need to have my hair up, but still short enough to keep that "bang" look when I wear it down.

I say go for it
  5. Senior Member
    When I get them, they are really annoying because I have wavy hair. I have to basically blow dry my hair to get them to stay where I want them. They would be really cute on you though!
    Camster is the best wifey ever
  6. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loving View Post
    To me, the upkeep is annoying, but I have a hard time getting to a stylist frequently enough because of my kiddos. If you can get them trimmed regularly, I don't think they'd be annoying.
    I have a lot of friends that cut hair, so I don't think that would be a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Jessym View Post
    Depends on the length. They can be annoying but you get used to it.
    The longer the better, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hev2403 View Post
    I have super long hair and side bangs that are kind of longer......
    .......and I don't think they are annoying! They are long enough to keep in my bun/ponytail when I need to have my hair up, but still short enough to keep that "bang" look when I wear it down.

I say go for it
    I think that's what I need. I need to be able to pull it back sometimes. How long are yours? Like chin length?

Quote Originally Posted by KickDrumHeart View Post
    When I get them, they are really annoying because I have wavy hair. I have to basically blow dry my hair to get them to stay where I want them. They would be really cute on you though!
    I have to straighten my hair every day anyway, so I don't think that would be too much of an issue. Thanks!
  7. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

There's also a really good YouTube video showing how to trim bangs..I trim my own on occasion.

I think they would look great on you..but so would a Bozo the Clown wig because you're just that pretty!
  8. Senior Member
    i don't find side bangs that annoying at all. straight across bangs can be, but i've never had an issue with side bangs. if you leave them long enough they're easy to clip back if you need to wear all your hair off your face.

the only time i've ever been bothered by them is like studying or writing and they won't stay behind my ear, but you can just clip them back. not too annoying imo.
  9. Senior Member
    Have you ever had bangs before?

I have a cowlick so I know for a fact any bangs shorter than a certain length will stick up, so I can never get bangs. Just make sure your hair is right for it!
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  10. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

I have side bangs and I love them. My face is to boring without them. Some days they don't really do what I want and those days are what I call headband days.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast