Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: cleaning uggs

1. ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

cleaning uggs

Advertisements
    have any of you ladies cleaned your uggs before? is it possible without ruining them?

i got a pair last year. they are the chestnut color. to say they are just dirty would be an understatement. i don't have the money to get a new pair and i really want to extend the life of these ones.

any help/tips?

ETA: I also heard uggs have a lifetime warrenty, and if you send them in (i'm assuming if they like tear or something) that they will send you back a new pair for free. anyone heard of this?

love me some Maegan
    Jessym is my relationship twin! ♡
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I just saw at the local dry cleaner that they can clean Uggs. I'm not sure how it works but an option. They also sell the cleaning kit from Uggs.
  3. verabot89
    verabot89
    I got the cleaning kit with mine and used that.
    MrsJennyyy is mah wife

4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I asked a question not long ago about UGGs and azarmygf told me in that thread that she has a lot of pairs and knew a lot about cleaning them -- you might want to shoot her a pm and direct her to this thread!
  5. ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookend View Post
    I just saw at the local dry cleaner that they can clean Uggs. I'm not sure how it works but an option. They also sell the cleaning kit from Uggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeraBot89 View Post
    I got the cleaning kit with mine and used that.
    Hm, I'll look into the kits. If they arent too expensive I might got for that option. And there is a place here that says they clean them, could look into that also!

Quote Originally Posted by LynnAFWife View Post
    I asked a question not long ago about UGGs and azarmygf told me in that thread that she has a lot of pairs and knew a lot about cleaning them -- you might want to shoot her a pm and direct her to this thread!
    Thank you! I let her know about it in a PM

love me some Maegan
    Jessym is my relationship twin! ♡
  6. Senior Member
    The way I wash my Uggs is using the Ugg shampoo/conditioner. I got it at Nordstrom, I'm sure other stores that sell Uggs will sell it too. I think it was like $7 and some change, but that was a few years ago.

1. Take one boot and stick under cold running water, getting the outside completely wet. I usually don't get the top part wet, unless it is dirty.
    2. Take a soft washcloth and put some Ugg shampoo on it.
    3. Gently wipe the wetted parts of the boot. If there are tough stains, rub them gently and add more shampoo to the cloth as needed. Use a different part of the cloth if it gets dirty.
    4. Some of the dye will definitely come off.
    If the shearling on the inside is really gross or smelly, you can wash out the inside too. I usually don't do that every year though, I've only done it with 2+ year old ones, when they have started to smell.
    6. Fill the foot of the boot with some cold water.
    7. Stick your hand in the boot, and swish around the water, loosening up any of the dirt or matted shearling.
    8. Dump out the water, repeat until the water comes out pretty clean.
    9. Take clean rags or paper towels and soak up the excess water in the boot.

10. Stuff the boot with clean rags or paper towels. Make sure to stuff the top part too, so it is standing up.
    11. Repeat all of this with the other boot.
    12. I usually put the boots on a towel in an open area to dry.
    13. After about 24 hours I'll take all of the stuffing out of the boots, and then leave them to dry for another 24 hours.
    14. Sometimes I find after the first 24 hours that all of the salt hasn't gotten off of them. (I'm not sure if you would have salt on your boots.) I've been know to spot wash them again if this happens.

Then I use the Ugg waterproofing spray to make them a bit more resistant to water. I spray them liberally, especially at the seams. Then let them dry for 24+ hours.

Hope this helps! I've washed most of my Uggs, and they have lasted for years. When the insides get too worn out, or holes start forming in the toes, I just throw them out.

I'm not familiar with the Ugg warranty recently, because I haven't had any problems with mine that may require a warranty. Any rips were from wear and tear. I did have a problem with the stitching on one pair, but opted to have a shoemaker fix them instead of sending them out.
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  7. Senior Member
    I haven't used it yet since I just got my new pair, but I do have the UGG shampoo/conditior kit. They sell it on their site for like $20.

I actually just recently used the warranty/exchange policy. The warranty is only good for a year (unless it's a manufacturer defect). I had a hole develop in the toe of one boot and the sheepskin went down to basically nothing. Keep in mind I only had them and used them for around 9 months. I sent them in with information for a warranty evaluation. They deemed the damage as a manufacturer defect and emailed me a gift card to use on their site for the retail value of my boots.

If they are just dirty and there is damage from the dirt, I don't think they would replace them.
  8. Senior Member
    i bought an ugg cleaning kit. it worked great
    which reminds me i have to clean mine